Support VWWC

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel additives..... Fyrex Ci ?

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    Hi Engine ear.
    Maybe you could tell us about yourself ?.
    Your location ?.
    How long you have been using the additive ?.
    The results you have noticed ?.
    what car you added it to ?.
    Do you work for the company ?.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi mate, come from Maitland am so near your way. Have been using it for just a few tanks but does seem to make a difference in economy & generally feels smoother/quieter (all goes hand in hand I spose). Have a 2004 Pajero but was cruising your site as I like to do & no I do not work or them but I will apply for a job there I think. Sorry - I will leave now
    Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    my tdi has 211xxxkm on it.
    i got some wynns formula gold high performance diesel treatment, not cheap at $30 a bottle.
    am doing an oil change, filter, fuel filter and adding this stuff on monday will see how it goes, im guessing due to the age of my engine the combination of all these things should make it run alot better, even though it still powers along.

and then on tuesday... revo technik tune
    thats when the real fun begins.

Users Country Flag
    Has anyone tried the fuel doctors additive? Apparently gets rid of water and the"bug"'

Users Country Flag
    I do the "shock treatment" every 15000k, usually in the tank after the regular service. Last service was 90,000km and I did the treatment at 91,000km. My little baby is running like a dream, though I must mention that I had the VW dealer "injector clean service" done to it. I have run Morey's DSK in every tank at the recomended rate ( 1:600) since the first service (15,000km). So far no fuel problems at all and it goes very well indeed.
    2012 MK6 GTD CW DSG Seattle's 3M Black Tint, Michelin PS3's.

Users Country Flag
    Big fan of Fuel Doctor because it's fluro green.

Big fan of Moreys Diesel smoke killer, for it really does what it says as far as reducing soot.

Unless the VW dealer has special equipment or actually removes the injectors and ultrasonics them, I suspect all they did was what you can do yourself with a can of LiquiMoly Diesel Purge from Supercheap for about $20. I hear of people charged $200 for the same thing.

Running BP or Caltex can largely alleviate the need for such drastic measures in the first place as well.

Just MHO : )
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Greg, i generally run Vortex diesel whenever I can.
    My son had a TDI jeep and he had all sorts of issues with fuel filters and running issues, the car has gone but i am wondering had he a tank of "bug" as most of his trouble began after runnning low on diesel,
    Skoda Yeti 103TDI-DSG My 13,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Roles View Post
    Big fan of Fuel Doctor because it's fluro green.

Big fan of Moreys Diesel smoke killer, for it really does what it says as far as reducing soot.

Unless the VW dealer has special equipment or actually removes the injectors and ultrasonics them, I suspect all they did was what you can do yourself with a can of LiquiMoly Diesel Purge from Supercheap for about $20. I hear of people charged $200 for the same thing.

Running BP or Caltex can largely alleviate the need for such drastic measures in the first place as well.

Just MHO : )
    Greg, the dealer service centre has asked me a couple of times before to do the "injector clean thing" and I said yes this time just to see if I could get a straight answer from them. No such luck unfortunately.
    On the performance side I can't say that it turned a tractor into a fire breathing beast but it feels a little quicker in the mid-range while having a leg cramp, but these feelings are usually subjective.... We want it to be better ! I didn't expect a lot of extra go or better economy due to always running BP Ultimate or Caltex Vortex plus the Morey's DSK, FD shock treatment almost religiously and I am not an economy driver around town.
    Despite my dreadful city driving technique I am still amazed at the economy ( and grunt ) of this terrific little car.
    2012 MK6 GTD CW DSG Seattle's 3M Black Tint, Michelin PS3's.

Users Country Flag
    Is there any dif between Caltex vortex and Woolworth's diesel?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryeman View Post
    Is there any dif between Caltex vortex and Woolworth's diesel?
    I would expect regular diesel (irrespective of where it's purchased from) not to contain the same additive package as Vortex diesel.

Caltex Vortex diesel should be available at some Woolworths service stations.

Users Country Flag

Has anyone tried Cost Effective Maintenance??

Any thoughts would be great.
    2011 MY12 Octavia 103TDI DSG Liftback - Candy White
    1993 Kawasaki GTR - Black
    1990 Kawasaki GTR - Red
    1989 Nissan GQ Patrol - White

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast