Thread: CKUC engine EGR delete, Crafter

CKUC engine EGR delete, Crafter

Good day gents, I own a 2013 Crafter with the twin turbo 4 cylinder motor, CKUC engine code. Is there a EGR delete for these motors, or is it worth cleaning the unit out? I cant find much info on these motors online, its a good van and has clocked over 100 000km now. I'm doing the timing belt/water pump etc soon so if the EGR needs doing cleaning I'd like to do it all in one go. Any other info anyone has on these will be most welcome! Thanks

cleaning out the intake components downstream of the EGR inlet is never a bad idea, but having never worked on that particular engine myself I couldn't tell you how difficult it will be, nor what parts you'll have to replace (o-rings/gaskets etc).

If you are into disabling the EGR, the best option for that would be to get it tuned out by an ECU tuning company. The newer ECU's (EDC16 and 17) monitor the EGR cycle very carefully and will detect decreased flow in monitoring of the exhaust O2 and inlet air mass, and will throw error codes if there is sufficient deviation from the requested values - i.e. you cant do a hardware disable without a software disable - and the software disable makes the hardware disable redundant.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Users Country Flag
    and hobbling your EGR will screw up the DPF regens without a tune to trick it. The two are linked.
    2014 Skoda Yeti TDI Outdoor 4x4 | Audi Q3 CFGC repower | Darkside cams | Darkside dump pDPF | Wagner Comp IC | Water Meth | Bilstein B6 H&R springs | Rays Homura 2x7 18 x 8" 255 Michelin 4s | Golf R subframe | Superpro sway and bushings | 034 engine mounts | MK6 GTI brakes.

Users Country Flag
    interesting info regarding egr issues, thanks for the informative post. i have a reoccurring insufficient flow error on an a5 3.0 tdi with an oxygen sensor spacer fitted so may be the ecu thinks the flow is reduced due to seeing less oxygen...

i'll remove the spacer and give it a try...

Thanks for the replies fellas, might just be worth cleaning it now and then monitoring it as I go. Does anyone know if this is the same motor as the amarok? I've got the 340NM version, twin turbo's (if you want to call them that, lol)

Overall the van is good, I'm a mobile truck mechanic and its pretty loaded most of the time. Just want to stay on top of the maintenance as its gotta last me 5 years or so. Not bad on fuel either considering its loaded 100% of the time.

Couldnt say regarding the similarity with Amarok. I would say not the same, as the amarok has more torque than that. The Merc Sprinter / VW Crafter was a bit of a joint effort between merc and VW and some parts are shared. I know the sprinter has a sequential turbo setup which I think they do because its robust, perhaps this is similar with the crafter - all just speculation.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T