Thread: BKD 2.0tdi inlet manifold flap

BKD 2.0tdi inlet manifold flap

Hi, weve been rolling with a failed and disconnected (electrically) inlet manifold flap for the last 100k kms and just ignoring the warning light. However the flap is leaking boost and oil. Im reluctant to spend ~$650 for a pierburg replacement (up to revision Q....). Has anyone tried one of the cheap ones on ebay like this:
    Intake Manifold Flap Motor for Audi A3 VW 1.9TDI 2.0TDI 038128063Q Throttle Body | eBay
    Cheers
    Beige 79 Mk1 GLD White 76 Mk1 LS 3 door
    White 68 Alfa 1750 Berlina Champagne 91 Alfa 75
    Red 09 9N3 Polo TDI White 2010 Skoda Octavia Combi TDI

why not just make a "race pipe" - lasercut flange to the correct bolt pattern (measured from the old one), paper gasket and a bit of stainless tube welded to it. bead then end and hose clamp your boost pipe on.

theres this think I found on ebay:
    EGR Delete Kit For VW Golf Mk5 2.0tdi EGR Delete for Skoda 2.0Tdi EGR VALVE | eBay

which is just for the egr valve part.... I'm sure I've seen ASV delete kits too.
    Last edited by gldgti; 22-01-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

I had mine removed on a 2008 model with some other upgrades. Had a software flash done to suit upgrades. Since there has been no warning light or error codes that relate to any changes. Mine is a GT TDI, with these changes improves power & economy. You can have the Flap deleted with no ongoing issues. Custom Code done mine, when I upgraded exhaust, etc and I'm very happy with works.
    If you want a replacement Flap. I can make my old unit available. It was removed and stored away for the best part of 8 years? Message me if interested we may be able to deal?

Quote Originally Posted by hiho View Post
    Hi, weve been rolling with a failed and disconnected (electrically) inlet manifold flap for the last 100k kms and just ignoring the warning light.
    What was your mileage when it started showing a warning light. I haven't had to replace mine yet [98,000km] but had to change the EGR valve some time ago. [BKD]
    Understand how it works, troubleshoot logically BEFORE replacing parts.
    2001 T4 TRAKKA Syncro 2.5TDI,2006 Mk5 2.0TDI Golf manual,2001 Polo 1.4 16V manual [now sold], '09 2.0CR TDI Tiguan manual,
    Numerous Mk1 Golf diesels

Users Country Flag

had this error come up on my Golf BKD 2.0 TDI too.
    I just ebay'd that exact part (Might've been slightly older revision, not the Q).
    Super easy to replace.. just 3 bolts.
    (Best video ever : YouTube )

Special mention... check the fuse box in your Engine bay afterwards.. i can't remember specifically which one .. but one of mine blew and my A/C was being really ****ty and the Check engine light didn't go away after I replaced the manifold.. i thought I bought a dud off ebay.. after i replaced the fuse, I had no issues.