Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: anthony--t mk5

That's a good thing! Annoyingly loud exhausts suck. I only want to do it for performance and soot gains.

Gaaaaaiiinnnnzz

Everyone always wants a loud car, until they've actually had one.

You don't know how good you've got it, Mysticality. :-P
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Yep, have had loud mk3 vr6s for nearly 5 years. I'm enjoying the quiet comfy cruiser aspect and not drawing attention to myself haha

I contemplated just punching the cat out of the stock system so that visually everything looks factory and legal but flow is improved. I was going to do this when we had it unbolted during the head swap but I didn't get around to it.

I should stop being lazy and use the tuning box and sort out my tune. Probably should add a boost gauge to keep an eye on it. Been meaning to talk to you about this Ayden. Have a plan to tap it into the egr valve (after gutting it) using the factory fitting which is now useless so it all looks like it was there from factory. Might require more blanks and some welding. Will pull off my egr off the spare engine to have a look and figure out how to go about doing it.

My focus recently though has been on refurbishing wheels... hopefully have some bling rollers on it soon.

Yeah man keen to help out when you need.

I wanted to do the exhaust on the audi soon but then I went and crashed into someone so its gonna be at the panel beaters for 2 weeks from Monday
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Quote Originally Posted by gldgti View Post
    Yeah man keen to help out when you need.

I wanted to do the exhaust on the audi soon but then I went and crashed into someone so its gonna be at the panel beaters for 2 weeks from Monday
    Ah man that sucks! Let me know in advance if you can about the exhaust. Would love to learn / help you out with it but will need to know prior for work etc as I work weekends and someone got fired the other day so have to do extra shifts now to cover it. Then while doing it we can discuss mine and I'll get the parts

Yeah thats cool, you will get plenty of warning.

Extra shifts = extra$$$
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Thanks to all those extra shifts had some $$ so I finally ordered my tune from Malone tuning. Stage 2 with egr delete.

Yay. Time for skids.

Definitely a good noticeable power increase when the turbo kicks in. Redline comes up very quick in 1st on launch. Not going to the desert to win race wars though. Need NOS for that.

Also been quietly working on a set of wheels. Hopefully have tyres on them soon. Sealed them up today.

Probably won't upload a pic of them until after GAD. Try and keep a surprise. Not that anyone's read in here anyway lol!

Tune is good! No egr engine light and car has a little bit of balls when you stomp on it and hit 2500> rpm.
    Malone have limited the tune to 18psi.. from what I've read and hear it's conservative but pulls heaps harder than it use to.

Finally got a wheel alignment today (hadn't been done since coilover install). Steering feels back to normal and not as sketchy in the wet. Got maximum negative camber for the rears so my wheels fit.

Also got tyres fitted to the wheels and have them on the car. Blokes at the tyre shop struggled to get the 215 45s to bead onto a 17x9

ooh, malone - nice.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast