Support VWWC

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: 103kW/125kw TDI PD Piezo Siemens injector failure thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jamwin View Post
    NThe fact that the problem is the same problem the golfs had worries me, as they didn't want to admit to that until someone died. I'd say we came pretty close today. As I said when I brought up the article, the guy (Michael) in the VW Service desk said "only one person died" so I'm not convinced they are concerned with my safety, the are concerned with how much they have to pay to solve the issue.
    What part of "The golf in the accident was a petrol engined manual" didn't you understand?

I can understand your concern regarding your own vehicle but to keep referring to the issue in Melbourne doesn't help your case.

I would strongly suggest that you contact VW direct and explain your concerns - particularly that the dealership appears to be guessing as to a cause. Get some better skilled technical nouse onto the job.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Hmmm...I'm not sure how the fact that her car was petrol is relevant - there was also a serious problem with diesels and the risk is the same regardless when you lose power while driving. From the article:

"Customers are also furious that Volkswagen did not publicly address a known problem with its diesel injectors. A fault in the injector can lead to total power loss while driving. In Britain, the diesel injector recall affected 78,800 Golfs, Passats and Tourans made between 2006 and 2010. Volkswagen alerted customers to the problem.

But in Australia, instead of a recall, Volkswagen quietly issued a ''campaign'' through its dealer network. This meant that drivers were unaware of the potential problem and many only found out when their cars broke down, often in dangerous situations."

Read more: No recall: failure to act
    Follow us: @drivecomau on Twitter | Drive.com.au on Facebook

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jamwin View Post
    Hmmm...I'm not sure how the fact that her car was petrol is relevant - there was also a serious problem with diesels and the risk is the same regardless when you lose power while driving. From the article:
    The risk is the same but the fault is not. There is no point presenting the Melbourne issue as part of your case as it's unrelated.

Your service advisor obviously isn't the brightest chap saying "only one person died" but the issue is irrelevant to both the injector recall and your very real problem.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Well now they still have the van but can't replicate the problem and can't decipher the codes that caused it, so they still don't know what is wrong and they just want me to pick it up and keep driving it until it happens again. Maddening.

well my no 1 just failed again with zero warning. 4 and loom were replaced by VW in late 2010. Also needs new wiring loom again. Wonder how long will last this time and I have to fork out for the bill this time. Is there any way of looking after them any additive or cleaner, always run Caltex Vortex.
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    How would VW defend themselves when charged with 'not being of merchantable quality' I wonder.........very expensive torque.

Good point that it what I am going to investigate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

I am sad to bump up this thread again, my car is an MY09 Golf GT TDI.

Around 5 years ago I had my car looked at for the Injector Failure recall, I am not sure what was done at the time (if they were replaced or just looked at). However lately my car has started to miss-fire under heavy throttle.

Seems to happen mainly near gear changes, but it just cuts out. Have there been any new discoveries on injector replacements now?

My car is quite heavily modified now, and I am afraid to head back to the dealers (may try).

Hi, I have not visited here for some time. Probably have lost the jist of new situations and I am posting here now for a specific reason.
    Possibly posting in the wrong section? but doing so as I believe this probably relates to my issue. I have a 2008 Golf MK5 TDI GT, modified
    with Exhaust/ Delete/ Custom Code, etc. Car is about 180000Km.

In the last week, she has been running exceptionally sweet, Good power, no smoke, easy starting and fuel efficient. Previous and normally,
    the performance and drive-ability had been a little erratic. Jerky or from little to too much power in take off. But normally reasonably good. Usually
    the car starts well, but some mornings or periods where car had been sitting for days. Starting intermittently was poor and only at that initial
    start up. Normally when starting, turn the key and with seemingly no noise or delay - the car starts. But sometimes, after standing. The car may
    take quite a few rotations of the engine or even a few turns of the key to get it started. Sometimes with a chug-chug till seemingly the fuel
    pressure catches up?

Today and as I stated after the car has been performing well (Sweet running). I started the car with no problems. Drove it for 2 Minuit s (to check on Dad).
    As I turned to pull up his drive way, the engine died. Stranding me part on the road, part on the cross over. The car will crank but will not start. In
    cranking to start, it felt eary. Could not put my finger on it but as if something was different while attempting to start.

Checked all fuses. connections, fuel (could hear fuel pump start/pressurize). All I could get is normal cranking with no signs of firing up. I did notice
    Glow Plug light stayed on, engine symbol was displayed and an error on the MFD "ENGINE FAULT". Constant cranking also resulted in LOW OIL PRESSURE
    WARNING. We towed the car home and rechecked the same. The same results- no starting. Then I put in some AERO START. It took quite a bit and quite
    some cranking but it did start and would only restart on AERO START. The car sounded weird in the exhaust, would not rev well and would only rev to 2000RPM.
    Engine Symbol and Glow Plugs warnings stay on while motor was running. Driving the car, it had no power, no acceleration. The inability to pull up a hill on
    my driveway.

I have had no chance to run diagnostics, so I do not know if there are any fault codes. I hope to locate my OBD unit tomorrow. but I am after any advice or
    ideas on the situation. Previously the car had an injector problem. Where VW and Good Will replaced the injectors and Loom. I also previously had a MERC
    Diesel, to wich I disposed of after having nutritiously bad injector issues, To me this all fells the same? Any thoughts please?
    [/SIZE]

Users Country Flag

Could be many things and I won’t speculate.
    But, using Aerostart in diesel, especially repetitive is a not a best option. I understand that in an apocalyptic event you would do whatever, but in all other normal conditions a proper scan and diagnostic should always be done first.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast