Support VWWC

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VW Passat Bluetooth with Iphone

VW Passat Bluetooth with Iphone

Hi Guys

I optioned my new R36 with Bluetooth and am looking at buying an iphone around July (when hopefully the new version comes out)

I have heard that the Bluetooth connectivity with the iphone is a bit poor and was wondering if anyone with an iphone is able to sync with the VW bluetooth without any problems.

Hey Gipper,

Did you option the $700 blutooth kit or the fully blown $2000 kit from VW??

Sorry, can't help you on the iphone q.

Cheers,

Jayse.
    The Fräulein: Black .:R36 Wagon...all boxes ticked!!
    The German Mistress: 2001 Black B5 A4 1.8T

I asked this question a while ago. See the following thread.....

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newf...ghlight=iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse View Post
    Hey Gipper,

Did you option the $700 blutooth kit or the fully blown $2000 kit from VW??

Sorry, can't help you on the iphone q.

Cheers,

Jayse.
    I optioned the $700 Bluetooth kit. I does everything I need (Steering wheel button answer and volume control and turns off stereo when a call comes in)

It currently pairs without a problem to my Nokia but not sure if it pairs with the iphone.

I reckon you check with your local dealer... car saleman are just the type who would have the latest gadgetry. If they say yes then pay them a visit to see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    I optioned the $700 Bluetooth kit. I does everything I need (Steering wheel button answer and volume control and turns off stereo when a call comes in)

It currently pairs without a problem to my Nokia but not sure if it pairs with the iphone.
    The VW "basic" kit should pair with an iPhone. The advanced one will not (it requires an RSAP compatible phone). Search the Forums for posts on this issue.

The VW basic kit is over-priced and under-featured, and there are few fans of it here. You'd have been better off with a hidden Parrot with the steering wheel integration that they can do.

I've gone the Fiscon basic-plus unit (www.kufatec.de) that integrates with the RNS510 satnav and the display in the dash. Cost me 780 to import, but there are some here who've had it supplied and installed for 800 or so. Again, STF.

I was at one of my Dealers today in Bris and they were fitting this aftermarket Fiscon unit to an R32, apparently works fine according to them and obviously must be available locally (in Bris anyway) rather than having to import.
    I'm amazed at the prices being charged for Bluetooth though

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Hi Guys

I optioned my new R36 with Bluetooth and am looking at buying an iphone around July (when hopefully the new version comes out)

I have heard that the Bluetooth connectivity with the iphone is a bit poor and was wondering if anyone with an iphone is able to sync with the VW bluetooth without any problems.
    I just ordered the 2K Bluetooth on a R36 they assured me it works with the iphone. I am ditching the iphone will have a blackberry bold they tell me that will work fine as well, know friday!

Be very afraid....

Be very very very careful of what the salesman says. The VW Premium Bluetooth is very different to just about every other bluetooth system. It does not have a handsfree or headset profile which means it will not work with about 95% of bluetooth phones. Your phone MUST have Remote SIM Access Profile (rSAP) to work. I saw your post and scanned the Blackberry web site and as far as I can see there are NO Blackberry products that have rSAP. My Premium Bluetooth came with a list of compatible phones and it specifically says "Blackberry Not Supported". Neither does it appear that the current iPhones have rSAP.
    I have an HTC Touch HD and Touch Diamond and both have rSAP and both work.
    I'd hate to see you waste a lot of money.

EDIT: I take it back. Apparently the latest firmware for the Blackberry Bold does have rSAP. Apologies
    Last edited by mtaoz3; 12-05-2009 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Mistake

Users Country Flag

I still think $2000 to essentially talk on the phone in your car legally is a waste of money. Hell, even $500 is too much!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast