Thread: Motorsports HD camera interest (group purchase)

Users Country Flag

Motorsports HD camera interest (group purchase)

I'm looking at buying one of these high defenition camera kits that can easily be mounted on a car, motorbike, boat, etc for shooting video and still's, including wide-angle;

http://www.vsport.com.au/ecommerce/i...productID=362#

A friend told me that they sell them for substantially less than the retail price in case of a group purchase. He told me that the recording quality is pretty good. It will be a lot easier to use one of these on a track day, rather than have a friend trying to hold a camera without moving too much.

Would like to know if others on this forum are interested if the price was right? I am hoping to get the price somewhere close to $ 300 each for the kit if there is enough interest.

There are distributers in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Canberra, and I hope to have an idea about pricing tomorrow.

Anybody that has tried them, please feel free to provide feedback.
    R36 Wagon, blue, sunroof, towbar, auto tailgate, MDI, and now with upgraded sound system
    1969 TL1600 Fastback
    Suzuki GSX1400, Yamaha XVS1100 Bobber
    ....fairings are for scooters!

Hello Rthirsty6

We bought one from from melbourne performance centre in bayswater. It comes in a water proof housing as well which we wanted because we use it for when we go Kite boarding near your work. The quality from the camera is awesome the resolution from the HD camera for the video is brilliant.

It cost $430 but that was with the waterproof housing and other attachments so if its the same $300 is a great price.

Have fun.
    sleeper

for the price you can't complain

for quality i dont rate it THAT greatly. ive tried and used it before and i didnt find it that exciting but for size/package its great definitely

you're better off doing it properly and getting a manfrotto car mount internal or external with a s/h HD camcorder for full frame hardcore recording lol

alternatively ebay has a lot to offer suprisingly! cost wise isnt bad either..
    What’s behind you doesn’t matter..

Noise pickup is the biggest problem with Go Pro

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    Noise pickup is the biggest problem with Go Pro
    Hi all,
    Thanx for your feedback.
    I have decided not to go with this unit for several reasons;
    1) Negative feedback on wind noise
    2) Limited use (one camera, unable to record exhaust sound)
    3) Price

I just bought three MD80 kits with 8GB each for just over $ 200. So now I can place one camera at the front of the car, one inside and one near the exhaust and mix all into one movie including exhaust sound .

I also posted the same message in the motorsport section for the ones that are interested; http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newf...ad.php?t=39815
    R36 Wagon, blue, sunroof, towbar, auto tailgate, MDI, and now with upgraded sound system
    1969 TL1600 Fastback
    Suzuki GSX1400, Yamaha XVS1100 Bobber
    ....fairings are for scooters!