Support VWWC

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VW Passat Bluetooth with Iphone

Quote Originally Posted by Petcap View Post
    Hi Ghw

Can I ask which unit you are looking at?
    Hi Petcap, not really too fair of me to spruke my upcoming purchase because the car was bought for work to demo the brand I represent. I'm going with an in-dash DVD screen, bluetooth, cameras (front and rear) amps sub etc etc to use it for Dealer training (not a bad office I reckon).
    VW probably wouldn't be overly impressed because we supply OEM for the "other" two Germans but I like the R36
    Mini Cooper S Chilli- when I can pry the keys
    Carbon Steel GTi 19" BE by Breyton,LED tail lights, NEW 8" Nav !
    Facelift Daytona Grey A5 Sportback, S-line 19" Titanium Rotors

I just pick up my R36 with premium bluetooth, connected with BB bold in 30 sec. Sync'ed 350 contacts in about 3 min. I have an iphone as well will try it over the weekend. The premium BT works just like in the German manual, can't see how Oz version is different. Happy with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Hi Guys

I optioned my new R36 with Bluetooth and am looking at buying an iphone around July (when hopefully the new version comes out)

I have heard that the Bluetooth connectivity with the iphone is a bit poor and was wondering if anyone with an iphone is able to sync with the VW bluetooth without any problems.

iphone 100%
    If you have 3 numbers, home, work and mobile it lists the contact 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Hi Guys

I optioned my new R36 with Bluetooth and am looking at buying an iphone around July (when hopefully the new version comes out)

I have heard that the Bluetooth connectivity with the iphone is a bit poor and was wondering if anyone with an iphone is able to sync with the VW bluetooth without any problems.

Excellent news... I wonder what it is... how much was it?

Just sold as premim bluetooth 1800....

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    Excellent news... I wonder what it is... how much was it?

Holy dooley that's a lot of coin for a bluetooth phone system. I'll stick with the Fiscon I think...

hi all,

I ordered the premium bluetooth but 2 days b4 delivery i was told that VW had done a recall therefore it was not installed. this was 4 week ago.
    i opted for the standard bluetooth and it pairs with my iphone with out any issues and voice quality is excellent.
    the only negatives i have is after a long calls my ipod nano(via MDI) refuses to play and requires a disconect and connect to fire it up!
    this is a intermittent problem which is a pain the ar.e

anyone else experienced this problem?

cheers,

heymars

09 R36 Candy White Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by heymars View Post
    hi all,

I ordered the premium bluetooth but 2 days b4 delivery i was told that VW had done a recall therefore it was not installed. this was 4 week ago.
    i opted for the standard bluetooth and it pairs with my iphone with out any issues and voice quality is excellent.
    the only negatives i have is after a long calls my ipod nano(via MDI) refuses to play and requires a disconect and connect to fire it up!
    this is a intermittent problem which is a pain the ar.e

anyone else experienced this problem?

cheers,

heymars

09 R36 Candy White Wagon
    quite often- but not all the time. havent quite worked out what the trigger is- after hang up, there is no sound ( ie radio doesnt come back. if i adjust up volume its says audio bluetooth- i think it has assumed the phone will supply the audiOOO.

the only foolproof fix is then turning off phone and car.
    had a passat tdi. now mb c class.

I picked up my new Tiguan 147TSI on Friday.
    It has the $700 bluetooth installed - and I can confirm the iPhone #G works perfectly.

I didn't want the full premium bluetooth, as I wanted to pair both my work and my personal mobile phones - and didn't want / need to load either Phone Books into my car setup.
    I just wanted to be able to answer and hang up calls or make calls from either phone when I'm in the car.

All works well as advertised so far.
    2009 147TSI Tiguan, Deep Black Pearl Effect, Black Leather, Sunroof, RNS510, Bluetooth, and MDI.
    Delivered 22 May 2009

I own the $700 bluetooth on my MK6 golf, somehow I can't get it paired to stream audio from my iphone. It works fine as a handsfree unit with my iphone? Any tricks?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast