Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VW Passat Bluetooth with Iphone

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gripmoto View Post
    I just ordered the 2K Bluetooth on a R36 they assured me it works with the iphone. I am ditching the iphone will have a blackberry bold they tell me that will work fine as well, know friday!
    FYI - the ClicOn setup for the BlackBerry Bold is GREAT!!! No holes need to be drilled at all.

Users Country Flag
    Here's mine setup in my R36.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    Here's mine setup in my R36.

Does the phone impede the leg movements of the paasenger?
    -------------------------------------

I just ordered the 2K Bluetooth on a R36 they assured me it works with the iphone. I am ditching the iphone will have a blackberry bold they tell me that will work fine as well, know friday!
    iPhone 3G does not support rSAP. What dealers are selling as VW Premium Bluetooth will not work with a non-rSAP phone. Search the forums here, it's been done to death. Google "iphone vw bluetooth rsap". There are issues with BlackBerries too even if they support rSAP apparently if you believe the reports on the web.

How many different threads / posts is this site going to have on this same issue? LOL...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Autopia View Post
    Does the phone impede the leg movements of the paasenger?
    So far I haven't had anyone that doesn't fit in the passenger seat without touching the phone mount/holder. Three different people haven't complained so far. I would be the tallest person to try and without putting the seat back to a point where the rear leg room is minimal, my right knee would bump it. But I'm 6 foot 2 and 120kg!

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    iPhone 3G does not support rSAP. What dealers are selling as VW Premium Bluetooth will not work with a non-rSAP phone. Search the forums here, it's been done to death. Google "iphone vw bluetooth rsap". There are issues with BlackBerries too even if they support rSAP apparently if you believe the reports on the web.

How many different threads / posts is this site going to have on this same issue? LOL...
    let you know on fri
    as to the posts - you keep replying they'll keep comming lol

let you know on fri
    as to the posts - you keep replying they'll keep comming lol
    LOL........

Sounds like a lot of drama for something so simple! thankfully I won't have any of these issues as my Nav system will be aftermarket, definitely works with my Crackberry and the Bluetooth option is only $399
    Mini Cooper S Chilli- when I can pry the keys
    Carbon Steel GTi 19" BE by Breyton,LED tail lights, NEW 8" Nav !
    Facelift Daytona Grey A5 Sportback, S-line 19" Titanium Rotors

Hi Ghw

Can I ask which unit you are looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
    The VW "basic" kit should pair with an iPhone. The advanced one will not (it requires an RSAP compatible phone). Search the Forums for posts on this issue.

The VW basic kit is over-priced and under-featured, and there are few fans of it here. You'd have been better off with a hidden Parrot with the steering wheel integration that they can do.
    I agree, $700 is rediculous for a Bluetooth unit. That is why I got the dealer to throw it in for free. Both the wife and I are both looking at upgrading our phones from our basic nokias which both work with teh bluetooth kit, to an iphone and a HTC HD. But as the car is driven each day, it would be annoying if our new phones didnt connect with the car's bluetooth.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast