Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R36 - common problems - what to advise VW?

[QUOTE=kleung;1148495][QUOTE=dannyjak;1148111]

Loss of traction under moderate throttle from takeoff. If the Haldex isn't working properly, you don't get drive to the rear wheels, so your car effectively becomes FWD only, which can't cope with the application of 220kw/350nm.

Can be as simple as the motor powering the Haldex unit. Mine stopped working and P&P fixed the pump (stripped and cleaned I believe), which wound up less than $200. Now working perfectly again. Boy, you really find out how good the Haldex is (and how 'invisible' it is in operation) when it fails!
    MY 2010.5 R36 wagon - Biscay Blue - power tailgate - 1800kg tower.

MY 2006 Mk5 GTI - reflex silver - leather - DSG - sunroof - bixenons

Thanks kleung, exactly what the VW tech said, that noise for cog switching is quite normal

Slow to engage reverse also is somewhat normal, but not engaging reverse at all sounds like a clutch problem?

[QUOTE=kleung;1148495]
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyjak View Post

Loss of traction under moderate throttle from takeoff. If the Haldex isn't working properly, you don't get drive to the rear wheels, so your car effectively becomes FWD only, which can't cope with the application of 220kw/350nm.

When operating correctly with reasonable tyres, it should be difficult to spin the wheels without deliberately intending to.

It's not uncommon for there to be audible noise from outside the vehicle as the gearbox swaps cogs.

Correct. The mechatronics unit controls the cog swapping and operation of the clutches.

VW DSG (direct shift gear transmission) and Audi S-tronic FAQ-page 2 | VW TDI forum, Audi, Porsche, and Chevy Cruze diesel forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12