Thread: Dealers in Sydney

Users Country Flag

Dealers in Sydney

Can anyone recommend a good VW dealer in Sydney? I've phoned three so far today trying to line up a test drive of the Passat wagon and the CC. I've never spoken to more disinterested salespeople. Considering I'm a genuine prospective customer with money in my pocket you'd think they'd be able to drum up some sort of enthusiasm when dealing with my enquiries. All I want to do is drive a couple so I can make an informed decision. The cars must sell themselves 'cause the salespeople bloody don't!. In contrast the people at Audi and BMW couldn't do enough. They asked me what I would like to drive, even offering advice over engine choices, and then made the cars available at a time convenient for me. One VW salesman told me to call on the day "and we'll see what we've got".

From what I've read on this forum they're obviously great cars. I would love to be able confirm what I've read by driving some myself. So if anyone can suggest where I might receive something approaching service I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance,
    Darren

I highly recommend Barloworld Mascot although I 've also tried Barloworld Five Dock and my experience with them was terrible. Mascot seem to always have a CC out the front on the block and I am sure they will be happy to assist you.
    Passat: The peoples car, moving my people

Users Country Flag
    After initial crap service from Paul Wakeling @ Campbelltown, they got a completely new sales team in and they've been much better since. Speak to Allan Kelly, very approachable and keen to help.

I'm mystified by your comment about BMW sales people bending over backwards for you, found the complete opposite when I was contemplating a beemer a few years ago...would NEVER purchase one after the rubbish treatment I received @ Trivett Parramatta.
    Last edited by Dr Block; 18-06-2010 at 07:07 PM.
    MY10 R36 Wagon Biscay Blue|Satnav|Bluetooth|Sunroof|Auto Tailgate|Adaptive Cruise Control| - First Time VW Owner

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for your replies. It was actually Barloworld Mascot that told me to "call on the day". I will definitely give Paul Wakeling a try though. As to BMW service it was a guy called David Campbell at Canterbury BMW that looked after my enquiries. He just asked for was a couple of days notice so he could make sure the cars were there for me. Couldn't ask for better than that.

I second the opinion about Mascot being recommended. Cannot comment about Five Dock. Speak to Ollie at Mascot, if he is there, great sales person. Knowledgeable bloke, transparent, friendly and not pushy which is why I bought from him!
    MY10 Passat CC V6 - RNS510, GPS, RVC, self park, dynaudio, cooling seats!

I have had also the same treatment when I went to by my R36. Most dealers don't want to know you. I did buy mine from Paul Wakeling eventually. However, when I went to buy my second car (the 147 Tiguan) they did give me the best price but there sales guys where crap. This was until about mid jan when they all got the sack and a new lot of guys came in and they are 100% better.
    R36 Biscay Blue 2008 - Sprint Booster, Supersprint Exhaust. - SOLD
    Tiguan 147 Biscay Blue 2010 - APR Stage 1

Users Country Flag

For me the guys at Barloworld in Five Dock were completely disinterested. It was early days for the R36 (Feb/Mar 200 and the guys at Barloworld just didn't want to know me. Ended up getting the car through McCarrolls at Waitara and Ben was great.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Burkey; 21-06-2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling
    R36 Wagon (That I drive when I can get the keys off my wife!)