Thread: No Badging?

No Badging?

I have a Passat '06 103 TDI Wagon and have been wondering if I sould be concerned about it.

Does anyone know if VW produced them at any tim without TDI badges on the back tailgate as mine only has PASSAT on the left hand side without TDI written on the right. should I be concerned?

Should I be bothered getting one?

I have an ongoing joke with my wife that we are a 'reverse sleeper' they will thrash me at the lights but I'll be getting 6-7L / 100. Hilarious.
    Passat: The peoples car, moving my people

Users Country Flag
    If you bought it second hand it's probably just been debadged.
    Any carmaker that doesn't spruke the diesel badge is insane so i am going with the debadged idea.

mien didn't have it from the factory either 2007 model bought brand new. Can take a photo if you like. Didn't they only introduce it with the 125kw model with the red part of the badge?? or was it part of the MY08 upgrade?

i prefer it without

here is a 2008 model can see 2.0 TDI

Mine also came with a chrome protection strip on one side and matt black on the other - could have had a bad day at the factory!!

here is a 2007 sedan with no badge.

2006 sedan same deal so it must have been until MY08 model

Last edited by OilBurna; 04-06-2010 at 07:18 AM.
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Quote Originally Posted by Magooligum View Post
    I have a Passat '06 103 TDI Wagon and have been wondering if I sould be concerned about it.
    My May 07 build is the same... As per Oilburners post it must have changed when the 125kw tdi came out.
    Mk 7.5 Golf R

Users Country Flag
    AFAIK, the 103 tdi models for MY06-07 never had TDI badges at all, as per above posts the 125TDI had the 2.0TDI badge with the red I in it. This only came out with MY08 onwards cars

Matthew
    2010 MY10.5 R36 Wagon, Biscay Blue, RNS510, Dynaudio, Sunroof, towbar, Dynamic Chassis Control, No lazy back door
    2008 Audi Q7 4.2TDI, Radar Cruise, Lane Assist, Blind Spot Assist, Heated Seats Front & Rear, Alcantara Hood Lining, Wooden Gear knob, Nappa Leather, Plus all the usual V8TDI gear, like 760nm of Torque!

Thanks for everyone's replys, if I ws wanting to put the TDI 2.0 badge on my car, where would I be best to get it?
    Passat: The peoples car, moving my people

Users Country Flag
    You want to rebadge a debadged car??? WTF???

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Magooligum View Post

Does anyone know if VW produced them at any tim without TDI badges on the back tailgate as mine only has PASSAT on the left hand side without TDI written on the right. should I be concerned?

Should I be bothered getting one?

I have an ongoing joke with my wife that we are a 'reverse sleeper' they will thrash me at the lights but I'll be getting 6-7L / 100. Hilarious.

All new CC's are debadged. I prefer it that way.