Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Passat B6 V6 I bought 27 days ago died today. Need help.

1. I called up VW in Chatswood (who serviced this car last) this morning arount 8am. They said they cannot say anything until they have a look at the car themselves.
    2. I did call reception and asked for the highest manager. I was advised he will call me back within today. (it's now 5:10pm. nothing...)
    3. I called Dept. of Fair Trading and they gave me some advice on that I can and can't do. Feel a bit better now.

I might be venting here but I did follow most of people's advice. Fair trading told me to just get it fixed by Toyota. Then once I get it back, get it independantly checked out to see if Toyota did their job. Hmm. This will actually cost me money and not sure if it's the best way. But I'll know more once I speak to the head manager of that dealer. Hopefully he calls me today.

Fixing. It can take a while. I understand.
    Loan cars. I know I'm not obliged to get one. I understand.
    The fact that they lied to me and threatened me over the phone. I cannot understand.

It could have been all nice if they were just honest and sympathetic. Instead, they went ugly on me when I got disappointed that I wasn't getting a loan car. I wish I recorded the conversation. I don't remember the word he used to threaten me exactly. I faintly remember it might have started with "d". Decimate, decapitate (doubt it) etc. But I know that it was definitely a threat to keep my mouth shut to the manager. Ah well, wish I recorded it.

I'm a bit chilled up now. I'll wait and see what they tell me once they find out what's wrong with my car.
    Last edited by jakiman; 27-04-2010 at 05:20 PM.

Users Country Flag
    And it's got to be beer o'clock by now! You surely deserve one!

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to hear this tale of woe.

While I am sure the mechanics know their way around a Camry. I wonder how well placed they are to be pulling the bottom off the Passat??

I'd be politely asking what servicing documentation they will be using to work on the car. Might be they have a good connection with a VW dealer? I'd certainly want to know though.

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    And it's got to be beer o'clock by now! You surely deserve one!
    Rocket, we should all have one to support jakiman! its the least we could do.....I know its a school night, but this is far more important...
    V6Passat
    Here now!

hahaha. thanks guys. think i need something stronger than a beer. lol

btw, it's alto mitsubishi service centre that is looking after my car. (Alto seems to own audi,toyot,mitsubish at pennant hills) When mechanic called me at 2pm, he was pretty straight about it. He didn't know what's wrong and he did call VW also but they didn't help him much. So I can only expect these Mitsubishi service guys to be a bit better than the Tyota used car salesman's. =P

also, the head manager never called me today even though I was promised at 4:30pm that he will call me before he finishes today. nice.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
    I checked the oil dip. It was full. Even after the i shut the engine off after the problem. I never had the engine oil light light up and im sure no engine oil leaks ever happened. Not a single drop in my parking spot at home since I got the car and none on the towing truck's tray while it was towed to the dealer. So it's still all in the sump. So it's definitely not through negligence. =P
    That's certainly in your favour!
    Good luck with it!
    R36 Wagon, blue, sunroof, towbar, auto tailgate, MDI, and now with upgraded sound system
    1969 TL1600 Fastback
    Suzuki GSX1400, Yamaha XVS1100 Bobber
    ....fairings are for scooters!

Users Country Flag
    hahaha. thanks guys. think i need something stronger than a beer. lol

btw, it's alto mitsubishi service centre that is looking after my car. (Alto seems to own audi,toyot,mitsubish at pennant hills) When mechanic called me at 2pm, he was pretty straight about it. He didn't know what's wrong and he did call VW also but they didn't help him much. So I can only expect these Mitsubishi service guys to be a bit better than the Tyota used car salesman's. =P

also, the head manager never called me today even though I was promised at 4:30pm that he will call me before he finishes today. nice.
    OMG... I am sorry to hear your story Jakiman. Some dealers reveal their true face at post sales services but your experience with them is quite...... astonishing. Hope the issue is rectified soon.
    BTW, if the dealer owns Audi as well, can you ask (or you may need to negotiate) their Audi service centre to take care of your car? Probably they are better than Mitsubishi since there have been engineering/design similarities between Audi and VW (shares many parts as well).
    2006 Black VW Passat 2.0TFSI Sedan
    Love the car so much but it would be my last black one!

Quote Originally Posted by Rthirsty6 View Post
    That's certainly in your favour!
    Good luck with it!
    yeah. even the mechanic who called me today told me oil is all there. no leaks. so might be oil pump related.

Alright. Some serious update!!

i JUST got a call from the service center. He said the engine is quite badily damaged internally. They are seeing quite a bit of metal shavings and bits and pieces inside the engine. So he says engine needs to be overhauled. (his words, that sounds to me like a new engine...) As the VW warranty expired only 2-3 months ago, he may take it up with VW he said.

Alright. Some serious update!!

i JUST got a call from the service center. He said the engine is quite badily damaged internally. They are seeing quite a bit of metal shavings and bits and pieces inside the engine. So he says engine needs to be overhauled. (his words, that sounds to me like a new engine...) As the VW warranty expired only 2-3 months ago, he may take it up with VW he said.
    Wow just caught up reading this thread. What a drama.

Jakiman, keep us posted on how it goes mate.

I must say, I am very concerned about the fact that a (relatively) late model VW (albeit just out of warranty) has apparently blown an engine. Not a comforting thought for us fellow watercooled veedubers.

I just checked my Multi Function Display which recommended the first service on my car as being almost two years away (that can't be right can it?). I think I am definitely going to service my car more frequently than recommended in the manual after reading this thread!
    MY10 Passat CC V6 - RNS510, GPS, RVC, self park, dynaudio, cooling seats!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast