Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Joining the queue of Passat owners with injector problems (TDI wagon carked it)

Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Did you use a diesel fuel additive? I use Moreys Diesel Smoke Killer in our Golf and in T5 at every fill up, so far so good.
    No I havent. Does that product actually kill the smoke? The Passat tdi throws out a heap of smoke under heavy acceleration. I also have a Pug 308 touring that does the same thing...
    Mk 7.5 Golf R

rang me today all good picking up in the morning not a bad turnaround time in the end.
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OilBurna View Post
    rang me today all good picking up in the morning not a bad turnaround time in the end.
    Well done.
    Give a us a full report once picked up!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Picked up this morning from Bayford vw at Epping they came and picked me up from epping station in a Tig.. Very impressive setup they have out there with the service area, free interent, games for the kids, good coffee machine, makes Essendon VW look pokey. Thank god for extended warranty final bill $3854!!! Only 2 were faulty and insurance only wanted to replace 2 but bayford pushed for all 4 to be replaced which was authorised including the wiring harness, apparently they have been redesigned so the fault will not occur. Car came back all sparkly clean as well including inside of my windscreen which had needed a good clean. Will be heading back there for my next service no question thanks to John for the great service.
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    Picked up this morning from Bayford vw at Epping they came and picked me up from epping station in a Tig.. Very impressive setup they have out there with the service area, free interent, games for the kids, good coffee machine, makes Essendon VW look pokey. Thank god for extended warranty final bill $3854!!! Only 2 were faulty and insurance only wanted to replace 2 but bayford pushed for all 4 to be replaced which was authorised including the wiring harness, apparently they have been redesigned so the fault will not occur. Car came back all sparkly clean as well including inside of my windscreen which had needed a good clean. Will be heading back there for my next service no question thanks to John for the great service.
    These are good things, and great to hear!
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Thanks miki negative experience turned into a positive probably better it happened now and sorted rather than out of extended warranty either on the 3 years or 60,000km.
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag
    I am really pleased that it has worked out for you.
    Drama...I know! However positive outcome.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie View Post
    No I havent. Does that product actually kill the smoke? The Passat tdi throws out a heap of smoke under heavy acceleration. I also have a Pug 308 touring that does the same thing...
    Yes, it does. There is also Lucas fuel additive that maybe even better. The 300ml into tank of diesel and I don't see the smoke even on the first start up in the morning.

Car seems to be running much smoother under acceleration also seems much less smoke as well?
    B6 Passat Wagon No KESSY

Users Country Flag

OilBurna, would I be out of line asking what type / brand of fuel you have used since owning the vehicle?
    I am wondering if some of the more "grocery" branded fuels / independents might be causing issues with our Diesels.

I use the same bowser at the same BP Service Station for each and every fill (Diesel Ultimate).

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast