Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Jakeys R36

Users Country Flag

As Jakeys mentioned... I've read reviews and heard others on here say that the ACC stuff isn't as good as the non-ACC stock R36 suspension... I have no experience in a non-ACC R36, but honestly, I drive in "Comfort 95% of the time, "normal" 4% of the time and "sport" when I feel like being shaken up... which is clearly not often. Then again, I recently became a dad and my daddy-wagon is therefore not getting much solo "fun" driving opportunities.

Yeah, those rails look good. Maybe an option NZ decided to bring in... I've not seen any B6 series in Australia with it during my pre-purchase searching.

Jakeys, why don't you live in Melbourne? So I could come over and borrow your VCDS?!
    .:R36 MY10.5::Wagon::Biscay Blue::Adaptive Dampers::Sunroof::Wheels:.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixrising View Post
    As Jakeys mentioned... I've read reviews and heard others on here say that the ACC stuff isn't as good as the non-ACC stock R36 suspension... I have no experience in a non-ACC R36, but honestly, I drive in "Comfort 95% of the time, "normal" 4% of the time and "sport" when I feel like being shaken up... which is clearly not often. Then again, I recently became a dad and my daddy-wagon is therefore not getting much solo "fun" driving opportunities.

Yeah, those rails look good. Maybe an option NZ decided to bring in... I've not seen any B6 series in Australia with it during my pre-purchase searching.

Jakeys, why don't you live in Melbourne? So I could come over and borrow your VCDS?!
    My previous car had coilover suspension, the R36 is like a soft boat by comparison! I wouldn't have it any less responsive than it already is, but then I'm young and drive too quickly

The rails are kinda nifty, but are completely new to me! I've got the cargo net in though, I prefer that.

As for my VCDS, I'm actually borrowing this one myself and have to give it back on Monday, but I have already ordered my own. It's pretty awesome, I'm a Mac guy so I'm running a Windows XP VM on my Macbook Air connected to the OBD in the car, and then I'm remoting into that from my iMac in my house over wifi. Changing settings from the comfort of my desk!

Candy White Volkswagen R36 Variant MY10.5
    Options: Auto Tailgate, Bluetooth, Moonroof, Reverse Cam, Sat Nav
    Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys. Very helpful info.

When I get an R36 I'll post something here.

Not many cars to choose from though, so will probably have to compromise on something.

Picture taken at the Euro SA club meet this weekend at Victor Harbour.

Modifications: HPA Race Haldex, RD Technik Stage 1 ECU/TCU, iPE Valvetronic Exhaust, EVO-MS Intake, and plenty more...

I don't update this thread much, but this has been a big mod week for me. I replaced my rashed wheels with mint condition new ones, so now they're spotless and running Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003's. They're not as good as my old Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's but they're close. I'll spare you that pic.

I also installed my DRL's, which has been a long time coming.

And here's a vid a mate took of the iPE catback valvetronic exhaust for anyone curious how it sounds.

https://vid.me/AuFT

Aside from that, I've recently put on some Climair Sport black inline weathershields, I've done a ton of little OEM+ style mods all over the place but the major ones are in my signature. Next up I've got the OEM headlight covers and possibly the OEM bonnet cover too, OEM Dynaudio amplifier going in with a custom harness, and either OEM Dynaudio or aftermarket equivelant Dynaudio speakers will be in the future. I also need the blued titanium tips for the exhaust but that probably won't be this year as everything iPe is just stupid expensive.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeys View Post
    I don't update this thread much, but this has been a big mod week for me. I replaced my rashed wheels with mint condition new ones, so now they're spotless and running Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003's. They're not as good as my old Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's but they're close. I'll spare you that pic.

I also installed my DRL's, which has been a long time coming.

And here's a vid a mate took of the iPE catback valvetronic exhaust for anyone curious how it sounds.

https://vid.me/AuFT

Aside from that, I've recently put on some Climair Sport black inline weathershields, I've done a ton of little OEM+ style mods all over the place but the major ones are in my signature. Next up I've got the OEM headlight covers and possibly the OEM bonnet cover too, OEM Dynaudio amplifier going in with a custom harness, and either OEM Dynaudio or aftermarket equivelant Dynaudio speakers will be in the future. I also need the blued titanium tips for the exhaust but that probably won't be this year as everything iPe is just stupid expensive.
    Geez that sounds good!
    2010 .:R36 Wagon - Biscay Blue
    RNS510 | SatNav | DynAudio | MDI | 9W7 Bluetooth | Sunroof | Power Tailgate | Factory Tint
    TBC - Lowline RVC

Users Country Flag
    Sounds great - a bit like a Nissan 370z / R35 GTR exhaust.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, it does sound good. Sometimes it would be nice to be single and no kids so that I could mod my current car!! But at the same time, it is nice sometimes to just cruise around in silent mode!
    2013 Touareg V8TDi - Black, LED Interior Mods, LED Projector "VW" Door Courtesy Lights, 20" VW Mountain Rims with A/T Tyres, Pioneer SX Roof Platform with some 4x4 accessories and a whole lotta torque

Quote Originally Posted by snerlo View Post
    Yeah, it does sound good. Sometimes it would be nice to be single and no kids so that I could mod my current car!! But at the same time, it is nice sometimes to just cruise around in silent mode!
    Well I'm not single, but I do have no kids. Still, I'd mod this thing a lot more if it was more reliable and cheaper to mod, they're bloody expensive vehicles!

Where did you source the drls?

Sent via courier pigeon

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast