Support VWWC

Thread: Floor starting to disintegrate on B6 Passats

Users Country Flag

Unhappy Floor starting to disintegrate on B6 Passats

The floor underneath the driver and passenger seats in my wife's 2008 125TDi is soft and starting to disintegrate - there's actually a tear/crack through the carpet that you can touch the floor pane through! =S

I checked my 2008 R36 and noticed similar softening underneath the front seats.. There is one spot I will need to keep a close eye (seems to be getting close to tearing though the carpet).

It's a bit disappointing to discover this on two 'quality built' cars that are only 6 years old...

Anyone know what our options are?

Has anyone else experienced this? (if not, I bet you're going to go out check your car now)
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Are you serious?! That is unbelievable! It's only a 2008 model... I'd be having that checked out by a dealer and getting VAG involved...
    .:R36 MY10.5::Wagon::Biscay Blue::Adaptive Dampers::Sunroof::Wheels:.

Users Country Flag
    They do put a few cuts in the carpet in the factory to accomodate a few modules that live under the carpet beneath the seats, such as factory amps and Bluetooth modules.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Umai Naa!! View Post
    They do put a few cuts in the carpet in the factory to accomodate a few modules that live under the carpet beneath the seats, such as factory amps and Bluetooth modules.
    I wish that was it, but I can actually poke my fingers through the 'floor' and feel something hard and flat underneath it that I assume is the undercarriage. The whole floor/molding under the seat is also soft/spongy in places.

- I'll try to take some photos tomorrow in the daylight.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Users Country Flag
    Yes, the carpet has an underlay.

'07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks Umai - after moving the chair out of the way and getting under there in the daylight, the 'tear' seems to be a proper rectangular cutout.

Thankfully it was no fault in the car(s), just in the humans that drive them!

My apologies for the false alarm.
    Last edited by nermal; 25-10-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Users Country Flag

The carpet can wear through though. My old cc, from the heal of my shoe started wearing the carpet. Just cause it's a quality car doesn't mean these things won't happen.
    My old brand new Sv6 series 2 after 6 months the carpet around the floor of the back seats had bunched up and looked if I had laid it myself!