Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Delivery inspection tips

Delivery inspection tips

Have just been advised that my new passat is ready for delivery on Tuesday next week!

Does anyone have any tips on what you should keep an eye out for when you take delivery of the car??

Any feedback on issues that people have encountered on delivery would be helpful !!
    Passat MY09 125TDi DSG Wagon - Silver
    Tint, E-Tailgate, Electric Leather Seats with memory, Rubber Mats, Boot Liner, Fiscon Bluetooth

too much tyre gloss that flicks all over the new duco when you drive off....ask them to go easy on it...

Quote Originally Posted by gead View Post
    too much tyre gloss that flicks all over the new duco when you drive off....ask them to go easy on it...
    Ain't that the truth!

i had them bring a towel out so i could wipe it off....i asked them not to detail it for delivery, which they didn't, but they couldn't help themselves with the tyre black....they even put it on when i took it in to have the mdi fitted...

As soon as you take delivery, get a full 4 wheel alignment. They are aligned in the factory and then spend 3 months rocking around in a container and are almost always out of alignment. They are not aligned by the dealer prior to delivery. I got my R36 aligned the same day as I took delivery and the guy from Beaurepaires said they were way out of alignment and the tyres would have lasted only 20,000 kms.

I checked the bottom of the front spoiler for scrapes, the headlining for any frays, alloys for any gutter damage etc on my R36 wagon...should have it this Tuesday...can't wait.

Users Country Flag
    The wheel alignment tip is a good one! Had the same problem on my last car which was also brand new.

6.5 degrees toe in on the LR and 6.9 degrees toe in on the RR.

Picked up my car today at 4:30pm. Wheel alignment happens first thing Tuesday morning (the soonest I could get in).

Users Country Flag
    In general; I read a book by Ralph Nader who said:

1. Inspect the car in sunshine to see all the paint/panels properly.
    2. Test drive the car before the signing over.
    3. Test everything possible A/C, Sat Nav and Radio etc before the signing over.
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    The wheel alignment tip is a good one! Had the same problem on my last car which was also brand new.

6.5 degrees toe in on the LR and 6.9 degrees toe in on the RR.

Picked up my car today at 4:30pm. Wheel alignment happens first thing Tuesday morning (the soonest I could get in).
    Keep us posted on the findings on your R36 wheel alignment, as the factory wheel alignment should be pretty good.

Also, check engine bay for any bubble wrap. As I found a week or so later after delivery, still one of the components in the engine bay still wrapped up in bubble wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by zsolt_downunder View Post
    Also, check engine bay for any bubble wrap. As I found a week or so later after delivery, still one of the components in the engine bay still wrapped up in bubble wrap.
    And it wasn't emitting a burning smell? I had a plastic bag that caught under the car when it was only a few weeks old - came home and strong smell of burning. Firefighting instincts kicked in, thoroughly checked the car, couldn't see anything, called the RACV, nothing found - probably had all burnt up or melted by then, just leaving the lovely aroma of combusted polymers.
    MY08 Passat 2.0 TDI Wagon
    Trialling golf ball aerodynamics theory - random pattern, administered about 1550 on Christmas Day, 2011.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast