Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Climatronic problem

Users Country Flag

Climatronic problem

My aircon is starting to smell like smelly feet after I turn it off whilst driving. Seems to be getting worse. Has been there from the beginning but just coming through winter never used the aircon much. Are you guys saying a replacement carbon filter will fix this?
    MY12 Golf R | 5 Dr | Candy White | DSG | 19"Black Talladegas | ACC | RNS510 SATNAV | Sunroof | RVC | BT | MDI
    Ordered - 28/02/12 | Collected - 14/03/12

Users Country Flag
    Disinfectant bomb with the windows up, and the aircon on recirculate, followed by a new pollen filter.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Where do we get a disinfectant bomb from, what brand etc.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sn809 View Post
    Where do we get a disinfectant bomb from, what brand etc.
    Thanks
    I tried many options but still replacing the carbon pollen filter solved all my smell issues and hasn't had an issue since.
    It cost's only about $30+ from the local VW dealer (that's from Five Dock VW)
    Current: | MY09 R36 | Dynaudio | RNS510 SatNav |

Users Country Flag
    Yes, because you do both at the same time.

The disinfectant bomb kills the bacteria in the vents, evaporator housing and fan housing.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by revivor View Post
    I tried many options but still replacing the carbon pollen filter solved all my smell issues and hasn't had an issue since.
    It cost's only about $30+ from the local VW dealer (that's from Five Dock VW)
    Same... they ran the disinfectant thing through my car 3 times but didn't think to change the filter. The smell was so bad. This made me very angry - Would have been quite happy to pay the $30 for the new filter if they just told me that this was the problem in the first place instead of having to take the car back 3 times and then fix it myself in the end anyway.

You should take the old filter and give it in the hands of the guy looking after your car. Say Merry Christmas I solved the problem and walk away.

Users Country Flag

Climatronic problem

Ok. I bought a new pollen filter. Now, who knows how to fit it?
    MY12 Golf R | 5 Dr | Candy White | DSG | 19"Black Talladegas | ACC | RNS510 SATNAV | Sunroof | RVC | BT | MDI
    Ordered - 28/02/12 | Collected - 14/03/12

Quote Originally Posted by San Gimignano R View Post
    Ok. I bought a new pollen filter. Now, who knows how to fit it?
    this should solve your question!
    DIY Cabin Pollen Filter Replacement - VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com
    Current: | MY09 R36 | Dynaudio | RNS510 SatNav |

Resurrecting an oldish thread......picked up a 2012 Golf R with 33,000kms on it back in March. A/C had been fine up until Sunday......sun, shade it was consistent.

Was out on Sunday and it started doing the ice cold thing whenever the sun was out no matter how high the temp was set. No idea what triggered it, i've been driving in the sun for 6 months. I ran a can of cleaner through it and replaced the cabin filter about a month back, can't imagine that would have had any effect on it though.

I'll have to try and cover/remove the sunload sensor I guess....unless VWA have discovered a fix in the last 4 years?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567