Support VWWC

Thread: Best place in cabin for small amp

Best place in cabin for small amp

I've given the B5 a once over looking for a place other than the boot to place a small amp for a sub. If I can place the amp in the cabin somewhere, I wont need to buy more cables to run it to the boot as I have a bunch of short ones laying around.

So far I can only find decent space in the passenger foot well, but I really do not want to put it here due to heater stuff.

There doesn't appear to be anywhere really.
    "Dying 's for fools ... ... Because, because I'm a man." - Charlie Sheen

Users Country Flag
    Don't have a B5 but what about under one of the front seats?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Don't have a B5 but what about under one of the front seats?
    Yeah, its the first place I checked. Cant do. No clearance at all. I was actually quite surprised at how little room there is.

I could get some sort of super slim amp, which I wont, unless someone wants to sell me one for like, $30.

Users Country Flag
    Interesting. There is heaps of room under the B6 seats.
    It's not just a front plastic cover coming down from the front of the seat that obscures access is it?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Interesting. There is heaps of room under the B6 seats.
    It's not just a front plastic cover coming down from the front of the seat that obscures access is it?

... ... ... I dont ... know....

I wont get a chance to spend much time with the car till this weekend, all I've done is stick my hand from behind the seats to see what was going on. It felt pretty hard so I just assumed it was something in the seat itself. I don't know much about these fancy pants European cars, so I felt like it was apart of the seat.

Users Country Flag
    Try checking from the front.
    There is a ridge from the back on the B6 floorpan when coming from the back.

Ok, that's a negative. That bar is part of the seat and is made of some sort of metal or metal alloy. Seats no go.

I ended up finding a used 2 channel for next to nothing so its way larger than any mono I have so I'm going to use it instead. Guess I gotta run all the cables to the boot. OH well.