Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto Hold DSG

Your instrument cluster is completely different to mine. My MFD is red and the temperature and fuel guages are between the tacho and speedo.... and no "auto hold" menu in the MFD.
    I defininitely have the MY09 as the MY09 comes with the RCD510 as standard.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    Your instrument cluster is completely different to mine. My MFD is red and the temperature and fuel guages are between the tacho and speedo.... and no "auto hold" menu in the MFD.
    I defininitely have the MY09 as the MY09 comes with the RCD510 as standard.
    As far as I know the instrument cluter change is the most significant difference between MY08 and MY09 spec.

The MY08 spec is red with fuel and temperature guages being seperate. The MY09 spec is as per my pics. Are you SURE you have a MY09 and not a MY08. Sounds like you have a MY08 instrument cluster.

Does anyone know what date in 2008 VW started manufaturing the MY09 spec cars?

As per Rocket's comment, I was told that the major significant visual difference between the MY08 and MY09 was the white MFD.

Who knows...

Users Country Flag
    AFAIK this is the MY08 instrument cluster...

I suspect anyone with this one won't have the Autohold on/off option as per the MY09 MFD in the new instrument cluster (pics of mine in an earlier post).

I'd also be checking the spec of your car if you have this instrument cluster and have been told it's a MY09, as I don't think it was ever used on MY09 spec cars. That said, I suppose it is possible that VW used it on MY08 and MY09 spec cars, but then what was the significant change from MY08 to MY09 if that's the case.

Last edited by Rocket36; 01-06-2009 at 02:17 PM.

no auto hold option in TDI

i checked and the my09 125kW tdi doesnt not have the auto-hold always on option, which i would like if it were available. must be just for you lucky r36 dudes with the white display.

i have this function in the bmw7 series and there is a steering wheel button to activate- handy.

But like the VW it can trick you once it switches to park brake on after the ignition has been off. sometimes i try to drive off and the brakes arent very impressed!
    had a passat tdi. now mb c class.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingavw View Post
    i checked and the my09 125kW tdi doesnt not have the auto-hold always on option, which i would like if it were available. must be just for you lucky r36 dudes with the white display.
    Just to clarify, my comments are only based on R36 models.

Quote Originally Posted by tryingavw View Post
    As far as I know, all MY09 Passats should be the new instrument cluster and therefore the new MFD functions. My R36 is supposed to be one of the first MY09 R36 into the country - according to my dealer - and it has the new instrument cluster/MFD and therefore has the Auto Hold function.

i have this function in the bmw7 series and there is a steering wheel button to activate- handy.

But like the VW it can trick you once it switches to park brake on after the ignition has been off. sometimes i try to drive off and the brakes arent very impressed!
    If the electronic park brake is engaged and you have your seat belt on and try to drive off the auto park brake should automatically disengage. If you try to drive off and you do not have your seat belt on the auto park brake should not automatically disengage. At least this is the way it is supposed to work with the new MFD and the R36 - maybe it's different with the other Passats?

The other interesting thing about the Auto Hold function is that if you undo the seat belt, the park brake will automatically be engaged *if* you have the Auto Hold function set to always on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lance B View Post
    As far as I know, all MY09 Passats should be the new instrument cluster and therefore the new MFD functions. My R36 is supposed to be one of the first MY09 R36 into the country - according to my dealer - and it has the new instrument cluster/MFD and therefore has the Auto Hold function.

If the electronic park brake is engaged and you have your seat belt on and try to drive off the auto park brake should automatically disengage. If you try to drive off and you do not have your seat belt on the auto park brake should not automatically disengage. At least this is the way it is supposed to work with the new MFD and the R36 - maybe it's different with the other Passats?

The other interesting thing about the Auto Hold function is that if you undo the seat belt, the park brake will automatically be engaged *if* you have the Auto Hold function set to always on.
    glad you've got your head around all that !

but i still cant find the menu item
    had a passat tdi. now mb c class.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket36 View Post
    AFAIK this is the MY08 instrument cluster...

I suspect anyone with this one won't have the Autohold on/off option as per the MY09 MFD in the new instrument cluster (pics of mine in an earlier post).

I'd also be checking the spec of your car if you have this instrument cluster and have been told it's a MY09, as I don't think it was ever used on MY09 spec cars. That said, I suppose it is possible that VW used it on MY08 and MY09 spec cars, but then what was the significant change from MY08 to MY09 if that's the case.

When I was first looking at the R36 in September 08, the R36 had the old monochrome stereo. I was assured the MY09 had a new touchscreen stereo display (which it does), but was not old of any update to the instrument cluster.

I am now a bit confused as to what exactly the MY09 update consisted of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gipper View Post
    When I was first looking at the R36 in September 08, the R36 had the old monochrome stereo. I was assured the MY09 had a new touchscreen stereo display (which it does), but was not old of any update to the instrument cluster.

I am now a bit confused as to what exactly the MY09 update consisted of.
    It's like the MY09upgrade was done in 2 stages. I remember talk of the newer touchscreen stereo display as part of the MY09 upgrade aswell (i). Then we get the new instrument cluster with the white MFD and more options in the MFD controls (ii). Bit confusing and a bummer for "stage i" MY09 buyers for resale value and current driver satisfaction.

Doubt we'd get a clear and concise answer for the dealers on this...

Cheers,

Jayse.
    The Fräulein: Black .:R36 Wagon...all boxes ticked!!
    The German Mistress: 2001 Black B5 A4 1.8T

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast