Support VWWC

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Passat R36 Tuned

Passat R36 Tuned

About a week ago i had my Passat R36 tuned. I can say that i can feel a difference in the way the car drives. The biggest improvent i can feel is when the car is in drive, there is a better more responsive feel on take off. In the past i would use sports or manual mode. I can drive to work now without having to take the car out of drive.

As for economy i have noticed a bit of improvement, but i will need to drive the car a little longer to get a better idea. My pre tune average was 15.3, current reading is 13.9.

I can not provide any precise figures but the tuning site has a performance improvement calculator showing torque and power increase. (Power Increase: 24 bhp, Torque Increase: 38 Nm)

The tune was performed by Australian Performance Tuning.

Thanks to the friendly team who answered all my questions and for providing a good product at an attractive price.
    Last edited by rays5150; 27-02-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Whats the price on the tune and where are these guys located or even phone number?

I have sent you a PM on price.

The contact details can be found on the website Australian Performance Tuning »

I'd like to know the cost as well, please.

If i did a dyno run on the car do i need a 2W or 4W?

Quote Originally Posted by rays5150 View Post
    If i did a dyno run on the car do i need a 2W or 4W?
    Pull the haldex fuse and run in FWD

Users Country Flag
    If you could PM the price also that would be much appreciated.
    2010 R36 BB Wagon - With the Lot

So what's the verdict now you have had it for a while? Would you consider it to be a worthwhile exercise?
    MY10 Silver R36 Wagon
    VW Classifieds Username - VWC-adrock

The R36 is pretty highly tuned for a na vehicle, but I did find that the tune did improver stand still acceleration and sharpen up the throttle response when in drive. Feels like there is a little more torque coming through earlier. And I think that when in manual sports mode I could feel a little more torque steer coming out of corners, than there was pre tune so that's a good sign for the power being increased.

As for fuel economy pretty much unchanged. This tank of fuel my average is 13.7 with 30% freeway 70% city. They did mention to me that there is eco optimization in the tune so when your not pushing it it seems to be a bit more fuel efficient.

I was averaging 15.3 pre tune but I find the tune has made me drive a little less aggressive at times.
    Last edited by rays5150; 12-04-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Users Country Flag

Hi guys,
    Had my R36 wagon tuned by Australian Performance Tuning and "wow" what a difference. I had the top end tune which is more performance with about 10% more fuel saving. I've now got 267kw and 430 Nm according to Roger from APT.
    Thanks Roger.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast