Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polo 9n gti drive shaft

Polo 9n gti drive shaft

Hey all just after a passenger side drive shaft in good condition as the cv in mine is done for.
    Hope someone has a spare just laying around for me without a massive price tag for the one

Cheers

Users Country Flag

Then why have I been quoted $580 for the part up to $900 for the job?
    I thought it was just the rubber boot it's leaking grease onto the wheel around that area and starting to make noise and was told I need to change the whole drive shaft

Have you got a link to the part I need cos looking it up it's confusing me lol
    Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, in most cases you can buy the CVs on their own as a kit, complete with boot.

Probably an hour's work all up.

Try the likes of Tooley Imports. Have your VIN handy. It's probably the same as a Golf.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Hoyhoy.

I recently got some & done a fair bit of research.
    I got some named Spidan which is the same as GKN & Lobro being the top of the line.
    There are cheaper ones around, also you'll find it hard to get any in Australia.
    These ones worked out to $440.00 landed for the full set + I got Australian CV's to put them together for $130.00, then fitting myself.

https://www.rexbo.eu/spidan/joint-ki...00071&at=15218

https://www.rexbo.eu/spidan/joint-ki...00071&at=15218

Just looked up the price & they have gone up a bit since I got them which was not long ago.
    Last edited by Eddy; 17-06-2017 at 06:47 PM.
    Hooroo.

I just did a quick search on EBay and there is a used passenger side Polo GTI driveshaft for sale for $125.00. Also as Gavin said CV's are not expensive. I'm sure I got a replacement inner cv for under $100.00. You just have to do some searching. On that same add there are links to ads for cv joints for sale for less than $50.00.
    Last edited by Bora Sport; 17-06-2017 at 11:27 PM.
    2001 Bora 4 Motion Sport now used by number two son
    2011 Skoda Octavia Scout now with Underground Performance tune
    2010 Jetta 125 tdi dsg for the misses - Impressed
    2006 Polo GTI - Enhanced by some of Gav's magic - Absolutely loving it

Hoyhoy.

O.K. Me has a WARNING for ya's, be careful when getting these cheap CV's here in Aussie, I'm fairly certain that these lower cost ones are the smaller ones & not the bigger beefier GTI ones. I first went to Australian CV's in Brissy (highly recomended) a couple of months ago in the morning & they said that the shafts would be ready that afternoon, I forget the price but is was cheap. That afternoon they rung to say that they couldn't do the job unless they fitted the smaller ones & were surprised themselves, they checked with all their suppliers & couldn't get the right CV's in Aussie, so they refitted my old CV's to the shafts with new boots @ no charge because they couldn't do the job properly. So by all means you can fit these cheaper CV's, but don't expect a long run out of them, they are made for the basic POLO & not the GTI especially a modded one.
    Hooroo.

Users Country Flag
    I took a punt on some part numbers, and from what I gather, they may be the same as first gen Audi TT with the same motor/box combo, which again, may also be a Golf part.

If you get really stuck, PM me your VIN, and I'll see what my suppliers can get in. I'd be very surprised if I can't track something down.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    I'm 90% sure I have one in Sydney
    91' Golf mk2 GTi 1.8t (soon to be gtx3076’d)
    Golf mk2 GTi 8v
    02' Audi S3 (soon to be gtx3076’d)

Some good info on here thanks guys maybe this should be moved to the polo page.
    My mate who is a mechanic who helps me with a lot of the major jobs says he has a shop that can reco it but being my daily I don't want to wait so would rather just buy a whole shaft and just rip mine out and swap it straight over so if someone has a passenger side one laying around let me know cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast