Thread: Wanted to Buy or Borrow: Specialty Double 21 & 22 mm Strut Nut Socket

Wanted to Buy or Borrow: Specialty Double 21 & 22 mm Strut Nut Socket

Hey guys,

Does anyone in Melbourne or nearby have this tool available for me to borrow or buy?

Thanks,

D.C.

Failing that what i did was brought a 21/22mm nut to fit over the strut then grinded down the sides to fit a 1inch spanner on it and put the 10mm or Allen key down the middle of the socket.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Yeah, I thought about that too but I have a complex about hacking up shiny new sockets and spanners I'd just use an adjustable spanner on it so it doesn't need to be ground too accurately.

By the way, did you get a normal socket or one of the long reach/deep sockets?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pot View Post
    Yeah, I thought about that too but I have a complex about hacking up shiny new sockets and spanners I'd just use an adjustable spanner on it so it doesn't need to be ground too accurately.

By the way, did you get a normal socket or one of the long reach/deep sockets?
    Haha don't worry i did as well but it had to be done to have my car back. This wasn't either it was just ground till we could get it on. Just used a normal 3/4? inch socket. Bigger the bit the better the hole is in the middle. I got away with a spark plug socket for the Allen key though but the kw's need a 10mm socket hence this one.

2001 Turbo! 4mo Bora 'Boring' | Carbinaro CAI | Fixing broken stuff | Sorting the Turbo Goodness! | BBS Lm's 18x8.5 | KW V2's | 4 pot Brembo's

Good tip on the size of the drive... By the way, did you use an impact socket or a normal socket to modify?

Cheers for the info so far. I guess I'll just head to supercheap and find the cheapest one I can

Quote Originally Posted by 5pot View Post
    Good tip on the size of the drive... By the way, did you use an impact socket or a normal socket to modify?

Cheers for the info so far. I guess I'll just head to supercheap and find the cheapest one I can
    Just a normal socket. Cheaper the better in this case.

If this is to remove your stock ones i would try and find a 13/16ths spark plug socket, I used my kincrome one as it has hex on the outside so no grinding. But if your changing to kw's they will be 22mm instead of 21mm

my effort

Sweet. I snagged a 21mm deep socket for $5 at supercheap last night and will grind it down at work today.

Am changing to pirelli edition shocks and springs.