Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Polo

Users Country Flag

2018 Polo

Information is starting to come out on the new Polo so it was time to start a new section. Discuss away!

https://www.motoring.com.au/volkswag...review-108703/

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Looking forward to confirmed Aussie specs .... my daughter has been holding off buying her next car in anticipation of this arriving. Currently some really good run-out deals on the old models, but this new 1 looks awesome.

https://www.motoring.com.au/2018-vol...etails-107626/

Pretty much a done deal for us as she refuses to consider anything else

Next Polo GTI with 2.0T from the Golf GTI will be awesome and may just land up being my run-around.
    https://www.motoring.com.au/next-vw-...-turbo-106947/
    Last edited by Sharkie; 12-09-2017 at 08:03 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Users Country Flag
    Looks fantastic cant wait for the gti im considering having a look as i dont need to take many passengers or luggage im currently driving a 2014 90tsi golf and would love the extra power and features and i dont want to spend as much as a golf gti or r
    mk 7 golf 90 tsi comfortine dsg lime stone grey

Users Country Flag
    Looks really good IMO. What I'm most interested in is reports that the new Polo GTI comes with a 6 speed DSG (scrapping the dreaded DQ200). If these reports are correct it sounds like they've moved to a wet DSG unit (presumably the DQ250) which shoots the new GTI to the top of my list. Anyone read similar?

Users Country Flag
    I can't believe the lack of interest and threads about the new polo. The gti looks great and a tuners dream with the golf 2.0L...

check out these videos:
    YouTube
    YouTube

Users Country Flag
    I've just returned from Germany. Was at the Frankfurt motor show and did a tour of Wolfsburg facility. The best info I could get is that lower spec Mk6 Polos will arrive in Australia next year from March but, the GTI won't get here until September/October 2018.

I sat front and back in a Beats version and there is more room, headroom especially (I'm 190cm) and it's quite comfy behind the wheel. The test will be driving a manual and left knee clearance...but there is a cm more room than the current version. I got driven round a couple of blocks circuit as a front seat passenger and found the car quieter than the current version...depends what tyres we get here.

Fingers crossed VW Australia don't do something dumb with the specs or pricing as my wife wants one and I might save some cash instead of getting a golf.
    Now: 2018 Mk 7.5 Golf R Grid Ed | Man | White Silver Metallic
    Past: 1994 Subaru Liberty RS | Man | White
    ........2000 Nissan 200SX S15 Spec S | Man | Red
    ........2011 Mk VI Golf 118 TSI | Man | Candy White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWHO View Post
    I've just returned from Germany. Was at the Frankfurt motor show and did a tour of Wolfsburg facility. The best info I could get is that lower spec Mk6 Polos will arrive in Australia next year from March but, the GTI won't get here until September/October 2018.

I sat front and back in a Beats version and there is more room, headroom especially (I'm 190cm) and it's quite comfy behind the wheel. The test will be driving a manual and left knee clearance...but there is a cm more room than the current version. I got driven round a couple of blocks circuit as a front seat passenger and found the car quieter than the current version...depends what tyres we get here.

Fingers crossed VW Australia don't do something dumb with the specs or pricing as my wife wants one and I might save some cash instead of getting a golf.
    SEPT 2018... WTF. Gutted.

Users Country Flag
    Drum rear brakes wtf vw.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mythik View Post
    Drum rear brakes wtf vw.

Yup silly as it sounds that would be a deal breaker for me 2

Pfft drum brakes indeed.... (tho on the back in normal driving i know that it is virtually the same)
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag

YouTube
    a bit more info on the new GTI
    Last edited by GLF; 25-10-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast