Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Polo

Hopefully locking in a Comfortline with Driver Assistance on Monday. Going to try my luck and get the Driver assistance package in for free, doubt it though if they're selling well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kesh View Post
    Hopefully locking in a Comfortline with Driver Assistance on Monday. Going to try my luck and get the Driver assistance package in for free, doubt it though if they're selling well.
    I wish you luck. I was told by the dealer (and have read in a few places online a similar story) that they're not allowed to make any further discounts on the vehicles over the launch pricing.

I bet VWA don't put that in writing.

I don't see why they wouldn't. They're not obligated to provide a discount to people. Especially when it's a new model with virtually no stock sitting unsold on lots.

Not that makes me happy! I had to pay list price, well I got floor mats thrown in (whoopee!), and that was the deal offered to be from two dealers who both flat out refused an offer to put a $1000 deposit then and there if they dropped even $500 off the price.

I mean, try for the DAP thrown in - you never know if you don't ask

I ordered a manual Polo though and apparently they're rarer than hens teeth which probably put me in a lower bargaining position anyway.
    Last edited by DuaneDibbley; 24-03-2018 at 03:35 PM.

I'm no lawyer so take this for what it is worth, possibly nothing. They have stated a recommended retail price, whether it is a limited deal or not it is a recommended retail price. It is my understanding that a wholesaler cannot fix a retail price or influence it in any way without special permission. I know this because a tool supplier I occasionally buy from (Festool) has just such permission and is one of the few that do. Just the way it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesh View Post
    My cousin bought a launch edition this afternoon. DSG in that awful orange colour. List DA price + $1000 for DAP. Will be delivered next Friday as it's in the dealers holding yard. She's happy.
    Now: 2018 Mk 7.5 Golf R Grid Ed | Man | White Silver Metallic
    Past: 1994 Subaru Liberty RS | Man | White
    ........2000 Nissan 200SX S15 Spec S | Man | Red
    ........2011 Mk VI Golf 118 TSI | Man | Candy White

Yeah I figured that'd be the case, I'm reading the same stuff online. But I guess you can only negotiate up, not down, so why not try anyway. Haha.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    More news from VWA.

The Beats edition is a limited edition model. All of the Australian allocation has been assembled and is on its way here. Numbers not disclosed. Anyone thinking of ordering a car with the stripe deleted from the factory...not an option. Depending on how the stripe is applied/painted maybe a dealer could remove it? Or ruin the finish of your brand new car?

Still waiting for info on GTI.

EDIT: NO LED headlights for the Beats model.
    Last edited by DrWHO; 28-06-2018 at 08:49 PM.

Users Country Flag

keen to hear when the GTIs hit the water!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast