Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 liter VR6, Montreal II wheels + some other Mk3 goodies

12v VR6, Montreal II wheels + some other Mk3 goodies

EDIT-
    The engine I was selling was originally the built 3.0 I just swapped the old motor for. I have now (after some number crunching) figured out that we'll make it work, and need the old motor gone instead. That's the reason for the thread title, which I can't seem to change.

1) Factory 2.8 12v VR6
    - 128,200km's of regular servicing and never any problems. My old mechanic said it was the smoothest and quietest VR6 he had heard, and if it wasn't for the rather loud exhaust he wouldn't have realised it was ever on. I blame his hearing tbh.
    - OBD2, late 97 motor. Whacked it on the dyno, made 104.4kw at the wheels and the A/F ratio was dead straight. Chyeah buddy!
    - SERIOUSLY need it gone, this will partly fund my standalone management which, if you guys wanna see the 3 liter rev out to 8000rpm, I will need!
    - Kept a few bits in the conversion like the ignition leads, injectors and possibly some other stuff I'll have to cross-check. It'd suit somebody with a haggered older VR that needs rescuing with a fresh heart
    - Perhaps $1,100 would make me a very happy chappy?

2) Set of 4 16x6.5 ET43 Montreal II wheels - OEM Mk4 GTI
    - Not gonna fit over the brakes I've put on the front, fairly useless to me.
    - Rear tyres are perfectly fine, driven on for about 11 months. Front tyres... Not as fine. Maxxis MA-V1 f & r, 205/45/16 all round. Three out of four wheels will come up perfect with a good clean, one was unfortunately guttered bad in the first few days of my ownership.
    - Straight swap for a stock Mk3 VR6, not sure about fitting em over 312's.
    - Rims were $400 without tyres, tyres were another $440. Based on two out of four tyres being fairly haggered I’d say $500 is about right.

3) OEM Mk3 VR6 grille, unpainted
    - Bought from Volkswagen Germany by a family member about a year ago, was a complete misunderstanding as I had asked them to source me a badgeless grille – unnecessarily lying around. Have it for $100.

There’s probably more but I can’t think of it all at this stage, I’ll come back and update soon I suppose!

Cheers

Devin
    Last edited by -Dell-; 21-03-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Soooo devastating about the motor man. Hope someone picks this up!

Users Country Flag
    Wow sucks heaps to see that go i was stoked to see it go in a vr cant wait to see it running somewhere in someones car! good luck with the sale. hope it goes quickly for you

An important change has been made to this thread that I think I should highlight. I am no longer selling the 3.0 engine, but my standard 2.8 instead!

Users Country Flag
    picks of montreal's??
    VW: it aint just a car, its a way of life
    There are few things more satisfying in life than finding a solution to a problem and implementing it
    My Blog: tinkererstales.blogspot.com.au

Damage closeup:

Knew there was something I forgot
    Last edited by -Dell-; 27-02-2012 at 10:00 PM.

the 16s will clear the brakes as the gti came with 312mm

To the topppppppppppp!

Free Bump Dev, because i want to see this car with that beasty engine on the road running like it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by J.T View Post
    Free Bump Dev, because i want to see this car with that beasty engine on the road running like it should be!
    Ta Jason

Let's bump this! Whoever buys my stock engine will be funding a standalone ECU for the 3.0... This means 8000rpm!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast