Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parting out Bora 4-Motion

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

No grille unfortunately.

Users Country Flag
    Haldex controller sfs ??

Users Country Flag
    I am hunting for a Haldex Unit, mine has recently bit the dust! Still available?

Users Country Flag
    oi first in best dressed! LOL

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpossible View Post
    Front end damage, was still running after collision.

Pretty much everything available. 120,000 on the clock. 2002 Model in silver. Probably best if you bring some tools over as my toolbox is missing a lot of pieces.

Contact me on 0433 two two six 516.
    Hey mate, would you ship to Sydney (will cover costs). Was seeing if you still had the rear valance? Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by IanPGonzaga View Post
    oi first in best dressed! LOL
    Ha.

Sorry man, didn't even see your post. Was too busy hunting for a Haldex unit, as I have been diagnosed with a failing unit.

Have booked my Bora (AKA "MoneyPitt") into Volkswerk in Doncaster, to take a look at what my options are.

Out of interest, have you had any luck with it being diagnosed correctly? As in where the issue may be?

As South Yarra VW, just assumed a full fault and quoted me an astronomical price for a whole new rear diff and unit ($8K).

They are nice guys there, but they pointed me to Volkswerks to see if they could either:
    - remove/replace with a second-hand unit
    - remove, repair
    - or off to the VW graveyard <<- I am hoping not.

Tedd

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Sorry for the late reply, been really busy and it's hard with the car being at my parents. The Haldex unit is available but not sure how I'd go about removing it.

Users Country Flag
    I have VCDS / colorMFA so i'm able to do the diagnostics myself. I was getting intermittent haldex clutch mechanical failure - which i did a oil and filter change. cleared the code and it was fine again.

you can also test it for yourself if you can get the car up on jack stands. 4 wheels up off the ground. put car into 1st and release the clutch as if you're driving. all 4 wheels should spin. if not there's an issue.

there's about 3-4 different cars with the same drive-train - wrecking in melbourne. so it's not like we are out of options. it's just removing from the car as it's a bit of a job to get out.

if pimpossible is too busy though i'm willing to go eltham to sort one out....

Quote Originally Posted by Teddit View Post
    Ha.

Sorry man, didn't even see your post. Was too busy hunting for a Haldex unit, as I have been diagnosed with a failing unit.

Have booked my Bora (AKA "MoneyPitt") into Volkswerk in Doncaster, to take a look at what my options are.

Out of interest, have you had any luck with it being diagnosed correctly? As in where the issue may be?

As South Yarra VW, just assumed a full fault and quoted me an astronomical price for a whole new rear diff and unit ($8K).

They are nice guys there, but they pointed me to Volkswerks to see if they could either:
    - remove/replace with a second-hand unit
    - remove, repair
    - or off to the VW graveyard <<- I am hoping not.

Tedd

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IanPGonzaga View Post
    I have VCDS / colorMFA so i'm able to do the diagnostics myself. I was getting intermittent haldex clutch mechanical failure - which i did a oil and filter change. cleared the code and it was fine again.

you can also test it for yourself if you can get the car up on jack stands. 4 wheels up off the ground. put car into 1st and release the clutch as if you're driving. all 4 wheels should spin. if not there's an issue.

there's about 3-4 different cars with the same drive-train - wrecking in melbourne. so it's not like we are out of options. it's just removing from the car as it's a bit of a job to get out.

if pimpossible is too busy though i'm willing to go eltham to sort one out....
    Hello!

Thanks for your offer.

So, yep it was a failed Haldex Unit and Controller in the end. The boys at Volkswerke got it solved with a new second hand unit and controller.

So I am back driving comfortably, not so stung on the wallet.

Can recommend them for professionalism, service, price, etc.

Will be heading back for future servicing.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12