Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Door Golf - MK5/6 Side skirts - Slightly Damaged - $150 for Pair

Users Country Flag

4 Door Golf - MK5/6 Side skirts - Slightly Damaged - $150 for Pair

Hi Guys,

Bought some Mk5/mk6 skirts for my 4 door vw golf. They came damaged and i managed to get a resolution with the seller where i bought the damaged ones and they send new ones. Unfortunately, buying the damaged ones weren't cheap but it made more sense than paying $80 to ship them back. I wanted to keep them a textured black so painting them to repair the scuffs wasn't an option, similarly because they had scuffs it wouldn't have made sense to repair the cracks in the plastic because i still wouldn't have fitted them.

These skirts are for someone that wants to have them painted, because that will remove the scuffs. During this, they can also have the small cracks fixed. It shouldn't be a large expense.

Just get a quote using the below pictures to find out how much it would cost, or you could do it at home. Either way, these skirts are incredibly cheap given they will look like new once painted.

Would prefer only pick up in Victoria. Burwood Area. That way i don't have to do any more damn shipping....

ALSO, you will probably need to buy the adapters. You can get these from VW.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    These are photos that i have taken.

Bump. Want them sold

I didn't realise, but i didnt upload a photo of what they should look like. Here it is:

4 Door Golf - MK5/6 Side skirts - Slightly Damaged - $150 for Pair

Do want these gone so make an offer. $150 is still pretty cheap for side skirts. Especially if you are going to paint them!
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

Build Thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...ild-85147.html

In fact, just had a look at the installation and with the 4 x Adapter Sill Mouldings 1K0853493 for the bottom, this will fit perfectly regardless of the slight damage.
    | Candy White 2007, Mk 5 Golf, 2.0 TDI | 103 kw chipped to 138 kw | 19" Mercedes C6319 Gloss Black | Stage 1 APR Cold Air Intake | DNS-810 GPS Unit (Eventually...) | Diesel Geek Short Shifter |

I'd say that you might want to re-look the price you are asking for essentially damaged skirts. You can get these brand new for $270. Plastic welding can indeed repair these but that costs too and if you want to paint these skirts ( which is pretty much necessary after plastic welding ) you will have to sand back the rough textured finish which is a pain.
    2007 Black Magic VW Golf GT TDi, Latte Leather, Sunroof, Bluefin Superchip, 18" Detroits, APR lower torque arm insert, APR Carbon Fibre Cold Air Intake system, GTi sideskirts & front lip, R32 Rear Bar, GTi Steering wheel, RNS-510,Infinity BassLink Subwoofer,stubby antenna, R8 Oil Cap, Golf R front calipers, slotted front rotors, ceramic brake pads, LITEC LED tail-lights, Dension Gateway Five, Rear Emblem Reverse Camera, H&R Ultralow coil-overs, Badge-less front grille

I want them out so anyone can make an offer if they are looking for some. Still looking for around $130 though.

I managed to get 4 adapters for them. So i'll include them in the price.

Anyone who is interested let me know and we can come to some arrangement. the new skits plus adapters would be over $300.

I'm selling them for $130.

Users Country Flag

Somebody buy these !!!

I bought mine for well over this price, without the bloody adaptors !!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast