Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So what happened ?

So what happened ?

After all the Hoo Haa about the launch of the Kodiaq, instead of going off with a big bang, its been more of a fizzle. I was expecting big things after reading the reviews and was expecting more excitement !
    I went and had a look and really liked it, but they don't seem to be selling. (even with Skoda Aus. drip feeding them) . Maybe everyone else is like me, I ll wait for the unconfirmed/unlikely vRS version or at least one with enough power/torque to lug around all those kilos.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Yes I think the limited (one) engine option is not helping things and although the launch pack is a good deal it means if you want diesel, leather or one of the option packs you have to wait.

I think also the smaller engine options may hurt the Kodiaq as it's competing in a segment with cars that have larger engines with more power.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I am considering a Kodiak and am looking for a little advice. I think that it ticks most of the boxes for me even though there are some trade-offs. The ones on carsales run from about $46 (basic) to $56 (everything) drive away. So if they're not selling particularly quickly, do you think that there is any/much room to negotiate on those prices? It would be good to know what people are paying in the real world before I start talking seriously with the salesman. PM me if you don't want to post any information publicly.

We had one of the early Octavia RS's (with the Ford Falcon headlights) so I am not worried about being an early adopter - or re-sale value after the warranty expires.

I would suggest that somewhere between 5-10% may be possible.

General rule of thumb is that if you can get it out the door for close to the RRP of the vehicle then you've done well.

RRP for the base is $42,990 which is 6.5%. If you don't get any joy with the dealers direct then look to go through a broker.

Towards the end of the month they'll be a bit keener - particularly if they're trying to meet their budget.

Skoda usually starts there 1% finance offers late in the year to try and clear that years stock.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiplastix View Post

I went and had a look and really liked it, but they don't seem to be selling. (even with Skoda Aus. drip feeding them)
    What makes you think they aren't selling? I was under the impression that demand was such that you'd be lucky to find one in your chosen spec without having to wait a fair amount of time for it to arrive. Are you finding it easy to find one?

I ve seen them sitting in dealers yards, but yet to see one on the road. Seems to be a common Skoda sales pitch, "get in quick before they all go". I suppose its better to have too few cars, than too many and have to discount.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiplastix View Post
    I ve seen them sitting in dealers yards, but yet to see one on the road. Seems to be a common Skoda sales pitch, "get in quick before they all go". I suppose its better to have too few cars, than too many and have to discount.
    The dealer near me, last time i went there had about 3. one was a demo, the other 2 had 'sold' signs on them. someone bought an in-stock one on launch day, and left it there for nearly a month before picking it up. just because you see a couple at a dealers, doesn't mean they are having any trouble selling them. go in ask if you can have one in colour X with spec Y and see if they can find one that isn't already spoken for...

Even if every Kodiaq in oz was sold and on the road, you still are very unlikely to see one driving around. In another forum someone said that only about 100 came in on the second shipment (start of this month). The first shipment being the launch / promo / test / demo vehicles - dunno how many of those they brought in.

as for having too few cars being a good thing, i reckon they have gone way too far. so much so, that it is probably bad for their brand. i am starting to see the ads on tv. what use are those ads if they haven't got the product to sell, without several months' wait?

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone have an idea when the diesels are supposed to arrive? At the launch, I think the the articles said 'later in the year' and we are almost into August now.

Quote Originally Posted by space-godzilla View Post
    Does anyone have an idea when the diesels are supposed to arrive? At the launch, I think the the articles said 'later in the year' and we are almost into August now.
    The diesel isn't even certified yet which means it's still probably 2-3 months away minimum. My guess is you'll see them here in November/December. But that's just a guess because it's been mentioned in various articles that it's late 2017.

I'd be interested in seeing the actual sales figures but these are almost always skewed by dealers registering demos.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast