Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections

Users Country Flag

Hmmm tricky nothing really obvious stands out "cant see the wood for the trees"!
    Only thing i can see is maybe the antenna not colour coded?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dinot81 View Post
    Must have been a Friday it was built LOL

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    only half funny but it was the christmas break they were thinking about as it was built in week 51 last yr

even our dealer missed it ... and me too .. until we were about to drive off and wife ask if there was supposed to have something on the sides ...

now we have to wait 2-3 weeks from Germany for the 2 pairs (both sides missing!) ... screws up our plan to bring the car for optic coating this friday as they coat the badges too and do photoshoot for their clients.

Meantime the car is still under 140kms on the clock sitting in the garage as we want it coat sealed first before driving around too much.

I rather have the car built 2-3 weeks later and receive a 2017 built car complete next month

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    My dealer did a great job or repairing the paint chips on the door of my Tiguan however unfortunately another issue has cropped up with my Tiguan.

After cleaning it for the first time over the weekend I noticed some yellow spots all over the front bumper. After looking closely I also noticed them on the rear bumper and to a lesser extent on the doors and guards. They almost look like rust spots but thought they might be tar marks (when you clean off the black tar it some times leaves some orange/yellow sticky marks that are a bit harder to remove). I tried some tar remover that got rid of a couple other marks but these didn't budge.

I had more of a look and noticed there weren't any sign of them on the bonnet, roof or tailgate which I know are covered in plastic when they ship them so this made me think it must be something that has got on it in transit. Emailed the dealer over the weekend and was a bit worried as I hadn't spotted it when I originally picked up the car about a month ago but the are really small and have to look closely to see but the closer you look the more you see.

Sorry not the easiest to take photos of.

Dealer got back to me first thing to say she got my message and was finding out with the service manager the best way to proceed. I dropped the car into them this morning and they are going to get a panel body shop to have a look at it and work out how to remove them.

Once again I am really happy with the way the dealer is handling this, they have given me a loan car to use while it gets sorted (surprisingly another Tiguan all be it a 2WD Comfortline) and at no stage indicated that there would be any issue with not noticing it straight away. Now I am just waiting to hear from them as to what they find out and how to get it resolved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    These LOOK like what happened to an old, don't laugh, Mitsubishi Magna I bought, brand new. Caused by filings that landed on the bumper bars from where the dealer drilled into the bodywork to fit the rego plates. Filings then caused surface rust on the bumpers' surface.
    WHITE 118FSI DSG MY12 Sports Pack with RNS510 Sat Nav - PICKUP Oct 17, 2011. Added Chrome bootlid spear-very nice, Golf doorsill protectors-not so nice and Aluminium Pedal set-EXTREMELY nice!

Users Country Flag
    I KNOW this thread was created to discuss defects and their solutions, but, honestly, some of these defects simply should have been picked up well before the cars got into the hands of their owners. The dealers must be blind. I also KNOW pre delivery is NOT to be confused with Delivery Charges, but given you guys, and me when I buy a car, generally pay some form of delivery fee, I'd be after a refund for some of these cars' delivery charges. The dealers are simply NOT doing their jobs in getting the cars to the owners in a fit and proper state, so why pay them for the "privilege "?
    WHITE 118FSI DSG MY12 Sports Pack with RNS510 Sat Nav - PICKUP Oct 17, 2011. Added Chrome bootlid spear-very nice, Golf doorsill protectors-not so nice and Aluminium Pedal set-EXTREMELY nice!

Quote Originally Posted by VWVY View Post
    took delivery exactly 1 week ago ...

Attachment 28281

.. you tiguan fanatics here would be able to tell what is wrong in that pic
    I actually don't mind it without the badge

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Edkhor View Post
    I actually don't mind it without the badge
    hehee...you don't mind me to have yours then?

.... but seriously ... i'm not really joking

Users Country Flag
    As far as damage and problems go I'm finding this thread quite heartening. We're many months from receiving our new Tiguan (ordered last week) but it seems that despite some things being missed during pre-delivery, the dealers have all come to the party and made good without any fuss. And they've been hard-to-spot, minor problems to begin with.

Not at all the experience I had with my last new car (not a Volkswagen). There were some serious, obvious defects that were not noticed and some of them took a lot of argument to resolve.

People make mistakes; it's how they're dealt with that distinguishes them and the brand.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Everyone,

I picked up my new Tiguan 162TSI R-Line with DAP and Sunroof a few days ago and am very disappointed with the quality of the workmanship with respect to the slight but noticeable misalignment of body panels and trims across various parts of the vehicle, noticeable by both touch and also by eye, in some cases.

For example, the stainless steel metallic trims above the front and rear doors on both sides of the vehicle don't form a straight line, and are not only misaligned along the curve of the top of the windows, but also they are set at different depths. This to me doesn't look, and feel right, and is certainly not in keeping with VW quality that I expect. I have attached some photos of the defects.

After several managers at the dealership came to inspect it, their conclusion was that there is nothing that can be done as it is a robot assembled mass produced car, and not hand assembled. The other point they made is that if an attempt is made to re-align those panels, other symmetry in the body panel alignment will be thrown out. Anyhow, the sales consultant is going to provide me with the customer service contact number for VW Australia, but overall I am not satisfied at the overall build quality.

Has anyone else experienced similar quality issues with the panels on the new Tiguan? I am interested to hear if these anomalies are consistent across other Tiguans.

Looking forward to your comments and feedback.

Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8159-jpg Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8159-jpgVehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8159-jpg

Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8165-jpgVehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8166-jpgVehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8162-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8163-jpg  
    Last edited by spicyrambutan; 25-06-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Users Country Flag
    To be honest, I've seen these symmetry and alignment inconsistencies with Mercedes as well. Not sure what you can do...

Quote Originally Posted by spicyrambutan View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I picked up my new Tiguan 162TSI R-Line with DAP and Sunroof a few days ago and am very disappointed with the quality of the workmanship with respect to the slight but noticeable misalignment of body panels and trims across various parts of the vehicle, noticeable by both touch and also by eye, in some cases.

For example, the stainless steel metallic trims above the front and rear doors on both sides of the vehicle don't form a straight line, and are not only misaligned along the curve of the top of the windows, but also they are set at different depths. This to me doesn't look, and feel right, and is certainly not in keeping with VW quality that I expect. I have attached some photos of the defects.

After several managers at the dealership came to inspect it, their conclusion was that there is nothing that can be done as it is a robot assembled mass produced car, and not hand assembled. The other point they made is that if an attempt is made to re-align those panels, other symmetry in the body panel alignment will be thrown out. Anyhow, the sales consultant is going to provide me with the customer service contact number for VW Australia, but overall I am not satisfied at the overall build quality.

Has anyone else experienced similar quality issues with the panels on the new Tiguan? I am interested to hear if these anomalies are consistent across other Tiguans.

Looking forward to your comments and feedback.

Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8159-jpg Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8159-jpgVehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8159-jpg

Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8165-jpgVehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8166-jpgVehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections-img_8162-jpg
    Having actually worked on and supervised for many years that particular process of vehicle assembly in a local manufacturer i can tell you that is a lot of horse**** they are feeding you.
    There is no way that is acceptable for a car to leave the factory like that.
    The tolerance for panel deviation is + or - 1.5MM for most mass production manufacturers and 0.5mm for higher end prestige .

As far as the adjustment and the throw out of alignment of other panels is correct,however the process should entail a full round the body alignment of all the bolt on parts including the trimms .

Body shell design allows for adjustments because as they say is a mass production automated production line.

Just remind them that you payed a premium for their top of the line product (for a Tiguan ).
    Not that should make a difference in the quality you received anyway.

I hope that is not their standard and just an oversight that was missed in the factory and they come good for you.
    I also hope mine doesn't come in the same condition cause i will blow a fuse.Vehicle damage pre-delivery / delivery inspections

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast