Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade Halogen Headlights to XENON or LED

No argument there at all, ugly v's a conversion that is problematic at best and costs serious amounts of folding money.

I will try some auto electrician to change the bulb from halogen to Xenon or LED with same headlights

Any suggestion who can do this would be appreciated

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Samy03 View Post
    I will try some auto electrician to change the bulb from halogen to Xenon or LED with same headlights

Any suggestion who can do this would be appreciated
    Not advisable to do that as apart from being illegal the reflectors are a different shape and if you put Xenons in they will flare like anything. If the globes are more than 2000 lumens you may not fit Xenons unless you also fit levellers and washers which all up is about $4000
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

I would ask my VW dealer who they use for their auto electrical work. The problem is that the coding on the vehicle might (will) have to be changed and the auto elec will not be able to do that and I bet the dealer will not want to know about it. To give you some idea, my son does diagnostic/rectification work for a dealer(not VW) and he fixes a lot of stuff that auto elecs either can't fix/don't know how to fix/stuff up but they do stuff he can't do so it is a bit of a toss up who does what these days. I have used LEDS & Xenons a lot and prefer Xenons but both are OEM not retrofitted for what that is worth.

Users Country Flag
    hmm............ I'm not entirely sure about LED headlights in particular, but is legal to retro-fit these in Australia without also fitting leveling devices (and headlight washers in some parts of the country)?

I can remember having a long discussion about this on this forum for retro-fitted Xenon assemblies, but do the same requirement not apply to LED fittings? Perhaps it's different in ACT/NSW - not certain?

Don

EDIT: oops didn't see Hillbilly reply - answer is clearly "yes"!
    Last edited by DV52; 02-08-2017 at 06:21 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

I converted my drls to led myself from with help from this eBay store : Blingwork Automotive Lighting. They are based in Melbourne. If they had workshop in Sydney, I would have tried the other lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashik View Post
    I converted my drls to led myself from with help from this eBay store : Blingwork Automotive Lighting. They are based in Melbourne. If they had workshop in Sydney, I would have tried the other lights.
    Can you please share a photo for the result? I'm keen to convert them as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lm_jo View Post
    Can you please share a photo for the result? I'm keen to convert them as well.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This looks great, this is exactly what I want. Could you please let me know where you changed in Sydney or where you purchased the bulbs ??

If possible, how much cost in total approx. (including both headlights, day time lights etc.)

Appreciate your help mate

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Samy03 View Post
    This looks great, this is exactly what I want. Could you please let me know where you changed in Sydney or where you purchased the bulbs ??

If possible, how much cost in total approx. (including both headlights, day time lights etc.)

Appreciate your help mate
    Hey Samy03,

This is what I have done with my DRL’s

The listing is:
    Access Denied

Josh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast