Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Tuning Discussion - 132TSI / 162TSI

Interesting recent comments from all, some good reading Hi to VW Australia who are no doubt reading this thread.

Re: Warranty stuff. Had a turbo replacement from Mazda on my MPS when I had it, not a cheap exercise...took some extensive prodding from me and leaving the car idling in the dealer forecourt smoking the place out for them to take me seriously. The only 'mod' I had was a Mazdaspeed intake, ironically sold as a warranted dealer option in the USA, local Mazda were attempting to deny the claim based on it...but there were plenty of them with faulty turbos which ended up being replaced.

On my Mk6 GTI, it was tuned at 500km. No out of the ordinary issues were experienced. I had the same problems at the same km as most (water pump, coils, PCV, carbon canister and purge valve etc) but would have been taking the piss for any goodwill towards repairs, the water pump was a prime candidate but I just paid for that instead of trying my luck.

Bring out the Bi-TDI here VW! I want that torque Tuning Discussion - 132TSI / 162TSI

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    And then we have this to remove the doubt....Volkswagen crack down on tuning
    So VW are over getting warranty claims on tuned cars and have spread the word that they can detect them. But the question still is the same, has anyone personally experienced it?

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    So VW are over getting warranty claims on tuned cars and have spread the word that they can detect them. But the question still is the same, has anyone personally experienced it?

Cheers
    Gary
    Have you spoken to anyone directly as I suggested, you may get a different story. Of course coming on to a forum and asking here is sure to get to the bottom of the matter but that is not the story you want to hear and speaking to someone who has direct knowledge might give you what you want to hear. I doubt it but give it a go.

Users Country Flag
    Have you spoken to anyone directly as I suggested, you may get a different story. Of course coming on to a forum and asking here is sure to get to the bottom of the matter but that is not the story you want to hear and speaking to someone who has direct knowledge might give you what you want to hear. I doubt it but give it a go.
    Just took mine in for 15k service and a fix to a factory software issue and they saw all my obd2 mods and didn't blink and eye about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Just took mine in for 15k service and a fix to a factory software issue and they saw all my obd2 mods and didn't blink and eye about it.

Yeah but that’s quite different. OBD mods are just enabling or disabling factory written software from running.

You may have changed the settings but it’s still the factory software running.

Did they tell you what the update was for? Notice any difference driving?

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Yeah but that’s quite different. OBD mods are just enabling or disabling factory written software from running.

You may have changed the settings but it’s still the factory software running.

Did they tell you what the update was for? Notice any difference driving?

Yes it was to turn the factory setting on for disabled driver assist in my Arteon build date which was missed. The 15k service was no cost as a result. Could see some running update minor cosmetic changes to opperation functions but nothing like the difference found by using the obd2 to tell my car it an Audi , thays the best mod out!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Yes it was to turn the factory setting on for disabled driver assist in my Arteon build date which was missed.
    I could pretend to know what that is but I won't. Can you explain.

Users Country Flag
    I could pretend to know what that is but I won't. Can you explain.
    If i faint or otherwise fall asleep the car will pull over thru a number of lanes of traffic and come to a stop

Users Country Flag
    Sorry, I haven't the chance to check it out, I've been at Bathurst for the 6 Hour since Thursday playing Technical (enforcer). But I will shortly.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag

Interesting thread. It sparked me to do some reading on the 132tsi engine, CzPA. It is a Budack Cycle engine which is built for fuel efficiency.

Here's a video on the engine:
    YouTube

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast