Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Quote Originally Posted by GeeMoney View Post
    They can't . I contacted them about this youtube upload.
    As far as I can tell, it seems fake. They are not willing to provide any more images or pictures of the outside of the car to see if they actually have the same car. Also not showing us the actual coding by their own laptop and then activating it.
    They are also not willing to share any coding, module numbers or any other evidence.

it might as well be a car that went to the official VW Dealer and got the update just like Hugo had, we can't tell and they are not willing to prove anything.

I Do live in The Netherlands but this is a bit too far away for me to take a guess and let those guy's try it on my Tiguan. (13 hour drive) .
    The post on their Facebook page about it says they think they're the first in the world to do it - now considering EU coding services can remotely activate CarPlay and voice command on cars that didn't have them activated from factory - theres a high chance they have actually done it, but they want to remain 'exclusive'/not share how they did it to keep themselves unique.
    2018 Golf 7.5 110TSi Comfortline | Drivers Assistance Package | Retrofitted: Traffic Jam Assist | Emergency Assist II | Light Assist | OEM Vienna Leather Sports Seats with full Highline Interior | Power Folding Mirrors

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    The post on their Facebook page about it says they think they're the first in the world to do it - now considering EU coding services can remotely activate CarPlay and voice command on cars that didn't have them activated from factory - theres a high chance they have actually done it, but they want to remain 'exclusive'/not share how they did it to keep themselves unique.
    I emailed them and they told me that it's not possible to remotely code this.
    Why keep it exclusive? It's not that many people going to drive into Slovenia to get this done.
    I suggested to partner up with a guy I know in the Netherlands who also doesn't share his codings to the rest of the world and can be discrete about this one but they don't reply back anymore.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeMoney View Post
    They can't . I contacted them about this youtube upload.
    As far as I can tell, it seems fake. They are not willing to provide any more images or pictures of the outside of the car to see if they actually have the same car. Also not showing us the actual coding by their own laptop and then activating it.
    They are also not willing to share any coding, module numbers or any other evidence.

it might as well be a car that went to the official VW Dealer and got the update just like Hugo had, we can't tell and they are not willing to prove anything.

I Do live in The Netherlands but this is a bit too far away for me to take a guess and let those guy's try it on my Tiguan. (13 hour drive) .

What ever they did it was possible within 20 mins according to the times on the mfd. no way could they of changed parts ect must of been as youn stated and been a dealer.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by point View Post
    point: Sounds like they are "hacking" the firmware (if it's the same as enabling voice control - which I now is SWAP). Definitely not something that can be done through VCDS, or OB11. If you can find-out the detail, you will probably need something like a VCP cable - perhaps.

In any event, If you intend to get TJA implemented this way, it might be prudent to wait until your warranty period has expired.

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Just seen this posted on OBDeleven forum

"I've just been playing around with TJA. I seem to have enabled it, and it works. However, get error when adding Adaptive Lane Guidance to car menu.

Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
    Long Coding:
    Assistent_for_traffic_hold_up: activated
    Traffic_jam_assistant_in_car_menu: activated
    Traffic_jam_dependent_linear_tracking: activated
    Control unit: A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
    Long coding:
    Point_of_intervention: early

To add Adaptive Lane Guidance to Car Menu, Point of intervention needs to "early (in car menu)" setting, I get an error when trying to set, and "Early" is the only one i can set.
    Must be another setting I'm missing though

Car: 2017 Passat 206TSI

Hope this helps, hope fully someone knows what I am missing

Thanks"

Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    Just seen this posted on OBDeleven forum

"I've just been playing around with TJA. I seem to have enabled it, and it works. However, get error when adding Adaptive Lane Guidance to car menu.

Long Coding:
    Control unit: A5 Front Sensors Driver Assistance System
    Long coding:
    Point_of_intervention: early

To add Adaptive Lane Guidance to Car Menu, Point of intervention needs to "early (in car menu)" setting, I get an error when trying to set, and "Early" is the only one i can set.
    Must be another setting I'm missing though

Car: 2017 Passat 206TSI

Hope this helps, hope fully someone knows what I am missing

Thanks"

This is very interesting,

I have a feeling once the 7.5 gets released into the US market we'll see much more interest in aftermarket TJA activation.
    2018 Golf 7.5 110TSi Comfortline | Drivers Assistance Package | Retrofitted: Traffic Jam Assist | Emergency Assist II | Light Assist | OEM Vienna Leather Sports Seats with full Highline Interior | Power Folding Mirrors

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post

Long Coding:
    Hmmmmm I don't remember seeing these options in Tiguan's module 13. Could be a different firmware???
    2017 Tiguan Highline 162TSI DAP, Sunroof, Black
    2018 Golf Comfortline 110TSI DAP, Infotainment, Silver

Have we got the information from the NZ cars that were done by VWNZ?

Users Country Flag
    Just checked...my module 13 does not have those options. Maybe post the long coding for comprison?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am puzzled, Hugo have you asked for your car to be done by VWNZ?

Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast