Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

I have ordered an obdeleven tool so if I don't manage to get the car scanned before it arrives I will do so one I get the tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo_nz View Post
    I have ordered an obdeleven tool so if I don't manage to get the car scanned before it arrives I will do so one I get the tool

Legend

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sunnynagi View Post
    I am waiting for my car coming end of this month, I spoke to a dealer in Sydney on Friday who confirmed that TJA is there in MY18. I asked her to email me the changes she has in front of her from VWA. I am still waiting for that email
    Would like to get a copy of that if I may. Have emailed my dealer as well asking for 'proof' of MY18 changes provided by VWA.
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Yeah it's a bit of an inconsistent message coming from VWA. Both use the same MQB platform and presumably hardware and software base. Apparently Aussie road quality is good enough for Skoda but not VW.
    And yet, recent arrival MY18 Tiguan owners are being told it has it...and Adaptive Lane Assist (said to be a key component) is a visible option in the menu. I note that nobody has reported if it actually works yet, and the TheTig's comment below quoted VWA threatening to recall MY18 vehicles to have it disabled - that would be an interesting outcome
    I suspect VWA customer service are just reading from a script. They haven't yet bothered to update their brochures and spec sheets for MY18 online even though they are delivering the new spec.
    We'll find out soon enough when the new MY18 owners actually find time to test it over the next few days.
    Think it was a bit of a bluff from the customer service guy to be honest and a line he'd been fed by someone higher up about Aussie roads being the reason. Will keep persisting, next time I want proof of the MY18 changes though. May have another way into VW via a business manager at another dealership, our sons are friends and play footy together, had a nice chat yesterday about all things Tiguan so may try that one as well, at least to get another way into senior people as he dropped the MDs name.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    Would like to get a copy of that if I may. Have emailed my dealer as well asking for 'proof' of MY18 changes provided by VWA.
    I think we should all be quiet about TJA until my18 come in, what if VWA tell dealerships to turn it off. We will all miss out, and won't be able to scan the my18 for the my17 people's.

MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

If they are determined to disable it on 2018 cars they could do that at either the PD stage or the first service. They would not be the first manufacturer to change cars, Ford detuned the Falcon at one point and there was a lot of unhappiness about that. In any case we only need a scan from another country and VWA can't stop that. My personal feeling is they have started on a course, perhaps before the first shipments reached this country last year and had a plan to introduce it in the 2018 model refresh because there was very little else they could offer. When they started to get inquiries they made up BS excuses and now they have no way out to explain their policy, all IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    If they are determined to disable it on 2018 cars they could do that at either the PD stage or the first service. They would not be the first manufacturer to change cars, Ford detuned the Falcon at one point and there was a lot of unhappiness about that. In any case we only need a scan from another country and VWA can't stop that. My personal feeling is they have started on a course, perhaps before the first shipments reached this country last year and had a plan to introduce it in the 2018 model refresh because there was very little else they could offer. When they started to get inquiries they made up BS excuses and now they have no way out to explain their policy, all IMO of course.
    I reckon you're right on the money Ozsko, the 'why not' reason keeps changing, there is no consistency so they're making it up as they go which supports your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    Think it was a bit of a bluff from the customer service guy to be honest and a line he'd been fed by someone higher up about Aussie roads being the reason. Will keep persisting, next time I want proof of the MY18 changes though. May have another way into VW via a business manager at another dealership, our sons are friends and play footy together, had a nice chat yesterday about all things Tiguan so may try that one as well, at least to get another way into senior people as he dropped the MDs name.
    The dealers have a document listing all the changes to the 2018 car so your friend in dealer land will have seen that or should have.

The whole thing is a classic exercise in appalling customer relations from the masters of appalling customer relations.

My MY17 R-Line arrived in April. It had ALG enabled when it arrived. Just needed to be turned on via a selection in the MMI. No programming required. It works well. Keeps the car centred nicely in the lane, no bouncing off the extremities like Lane Assist does. This works above 60 KM/H. When combined with the Adaptive Cruise it makes for effortless freeway driving.

ALG uses the same system, and importantly the same road markings, that TJA uses. To say that Australian roads aren't good enough for TJA but ok for ALG is frankly ridiculous. Add this to the fact that Skoda's, with exactly the same hardware, have TJA activated and it makes their position even more silly. The fact that ALG is no longer available on vehicles being delivered now, and forthcoming MY18 vehicles, proves that it is a conscious decision made by VW Australia to not have this capability. The fact that mine has it is probably a programming oversight in one of the earlier deliveries.

I suspect, in fact I'm certain, the issue here is not roads, hardware or software. The reason is purely commercial.

The Tiguan is selling faster than the dealers can get them. VW Australia have no incentive to activate anything extra on cars that are already selling well. They can hold over these capabilities till MY18.5 or MY19 as a new capability not previously available. Of course the roads will still be the same standard.

The whole VAG group in Australia are unmitigated arseholes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I have it in writing from VWA that they will never sell a car in Oz with TJA enabled, either that or it was part of one of the conversations I had on the phone. Isdon, I will contact you shortly to discuss ALG. This is typical of corporations or individuals who make policy for to suit themselves on the run, they never like to back down as that is seen as defeat instead of admitting a mistake has been made and maybe a change of heart would make them look better in the eyes of the customer. When I worked for dealers and manufacturers I found that telling customers lies and BS never paid off because you had to remember who you lied and BS'd to and what you said and sooner or later it brought you undone. They could do what Tesla do, enable options for a price, why they can't see that is also baffling.

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast