Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Traffic Jam Assist

Users Country Flag

I don't have my Tig yet either, so I could be talking out of my backside. But here's what someone else posted from the UK manual:

Traffic Jam Assist function
    At speeds under 60 km/h (35 mph) Traffic Jam Assist can maintain a time interval, set by the driver, to a vehicle in front, and help the vehicle to stay in lane. The system automatically controls acceleration, braking, steering and, if required, will decelerate to a stop behind a vehicle that is stopping, and then drive away again automatically.

Adaptive Lane Guidance
    Activating or deactivating adaptive lane guidance, the lane keeping system does not just provide assistance when the vehicle is at risk of leaving the lane. If the system detects both lane markings to the left and right of the vehicle, the function provides permanent assistance while the vehicle is in motion. The system adopts the preferred position within the lane in which the vehicle is travelling. For example, if the vehicle is being driven slightly off-centre in the lane, the system will learn to adopt the new position within a short period of time.

EDIT - @TungstenR from NZ said his Tig has TJA & ALG
    Last edited by latearrival; 08-03-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Has he ever commented on his experience with it? Do you know of any comments of users with TJA?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Let me clear up something, I haven't seen a car with these features so my terminology might be incorrect, note the brackets in my previous post. I might be wrong but in the handbook it calls it "active lane assist", I will check later. The emphasis in either case is the "Active".
    I think you're right. The handbook does call it Active Lane Assist. I assume the "Active" bit means it actively controls the steering. But only to bounce you off the lane markings. It's still the poor cousin to the Adaptive Lane Guidance, which is also needed for TJA.

Users Country Flag
    Has he ever commented on his experience with it? Do you know of any comments of users with TJA?
    No to both. But I just sent TungstenR a message and asked.

IIRC and this is a big maybe, am I correct in thinking that TJA is not standard fit in the UK but either comes with certain models or is an option requiring spending money to get it?

Users Country Flag
    IIRC and this is a big maybe, am I correct in thinking that TJA is not standard fit in the UK but either comes
    with certain models or is an option requiring spending money to get it?
    Sorry, I have no idea. Perhaps someone else can chime in?

Users Country Flag
    OK, the experience... Considering TJA,...nada, as I don't live in a congested area. Considering Adaptive Lane Assist, that's a different story, almost nada too however, but I must explain;

the vehicle data sheet says I have
    - lane change assist and lane keeping system, code 7Y5 SPU
    and
    - Adaptive cruise control (with "follow to stop") and speed limiter, code 8T8 GRA
    and
    - Lane change system Side assist Plus incl. lane keeping system Lane Assist (ROW), code PSL

I see all this information in the Head Up Display, complete with the pictures for "Adaptive Lane Assist" as explained in the car manual, but in actual drive I feel a gentle push when driving towards any of the lines, not for staying in the middle of the lane.

I've had a few electronic issues though, out of the blue 1. emergency assist once displayed it was not available, 2. ABS once displayed it was not available (when the car was at the dealer, but they could not find what was at fault), 3. during a long drive the display suddenly said that lane assist wasn't available, and indeed it showed as being de-activated in my HUD. After we stopped, and re-started, everything seemed OK again.

When I have time they'll have a look at it at the dealership...

VW Tiguan R-line 162kw, Tungsten Silver Metallic, Titanium Black-Crystal Gray.
    ACC, DCC, AID, HUD, DAP, ALS, LED, DSG, TSI, LOL

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TungstenR View Post
    in actual drive I feel a gentle push when driving towards any of the lines, not for staying in the middle of the lane
    Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Unless your car has been misconfigured, it's beginning to sound like NZ doesn't get Adaptive Lane Guidance (and therefore TJA) after all. Perhaps the only thing NZ gets that Australia doesn't is the HUD.
    Last edited by latearrival; 10-03-2017 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Corrected to "Adaptive Lane Guidance"

Users Country Flag
    My dealer informed me in an email a few days ago all MY18 Golfs in Australia will have TJA.
    Current ride - Golf R 7.5 DAP, Sunroof, Dynaudio, DSG

Users Country Flag

Mods, there are two threads about TJA. Could they not be merged into one?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast