Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Tow Bar for the Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ground_Level View Post
    Genuine Volkswagen tow bar is $1100.00 that's including wiring harass. perk of knowing Pre Delivery mechanic is 300 fitted
    Nice, send him to Perth would you, as I have been quoted $2100 by my supplying dealer.
    162 TSI + R-Line + DAP +Pure white. Ordered March 11th 2017. I'm built email Sept 9th 2017. I'm shipped email Sept 30th 2017. VIN received from dealer Oct 5th 2017. Arrived Fremantle October 24th. Finally delivered to me - Wednesday 15th November.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by colinmc400 View Post
    Nice, send him to Perth would you, as I have been quoted $2100 by my supplying dealer.
    I got quoted $1500 without electric brake, and $2100 with
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sVWatt View Post
    I got quoted $1500 without electric brake, and $2100 with
    Umm for the amount of towing I would do. no sure I am fussed about electric braking.
    162 TSI + R-Line + DAP +Pure white. Ordered March 11th 2017. I'm built email Sept 9th 2017. I'm shipped email Sept 30th 2017. VIN received from dealer Oct 5th 2017. Arrived Fremantle October 24th. Finally delivered to me - Wednesday 15th November.

Users Country Flag
    You need to be carefull when getting aftermarket parts fitted as well as it wont fall under warranty if something lets go aka suspension components see be carefull when dealing with these other companys
    SOLD BLUE MY12 GOLF R MK6 APR STAGE 2+ SOLD
    WHITE MY18 GOLF R MK7.5 WOLFSBURG
    WHITE MY18 TIGUAN R LINE PACK WITH SUNROOF

Tow Bar for the Tiguan

You need to be carefull when getting aftermarket parts fitted as well as it wont fall under warranty if something lets go aka suspension components see be carefull when dealing with these other companys
    Yeah, I call bull excrement on that one.

Not saying a dealership might try it on, but they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Dealerships prey on paranoia. Don't fall for it.

Users Country Flag
    Not saying it will happen but if you want to protect your new car warranty just be thoughtful on your purchases as this goes for anything aftermarket. Aka turbos intercooler stage tunes. Not that alot of these things you will be fitting to a tiguan anyways but yes some items can void it
    SOLD BLUE MY12 GOLF R MK6 APR STAGE 2+ SOLD
    WHITE MY18 GOLF R MK7.5 WOLFSBURG
    WHITE MY18 TIGUAN R LINE PACK WITH SUNROOF

Not saying it will happen but if you want to protect your new car warranty just be thoughtful on your purchases as this goes for anything aftermarket. Aka turbos intercooler stage tunes. Not that alot of these things you will be fitting to a tiguan anyways but yes some items can void it
    But an aftermarket tow bar certainly won’t.

I remember one guy in here arguing that if you didn’t use genuine VW windscreen washer additive you’d void your warranty.

One born every minute.

Dealerships must live these gullible souls.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone looked into the Westfalia detachable towbars from www.australiantowbars.com.au (Euro Car Upgrades) or even the Thule / Brink detachable or retractable version from European Towbars | Slim | Stylish | OEM Quality

I am keen not to have a big ugly Haymen Reece version or overpriced VW fitted unit. I also cant see where they attach the trailer chains on these towbars from europe? In relation to the coding, can all workshops do this, and will this coding stay with the car once VW updates the software during a service? Ive got an R Line on order and really want the retractable Brink model but can't seem to find anyone that has had it installed with pictures. Can anyone tell me what is the correct plug pin required to tow a standard 6x4 trailer here in WA? 7 pin / 13 pin? Anyone that has great info, PM to swap numbers for a chat!

A Melbourne outlet Westfalia | Melbourne Towbars

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by hamisticle View Post
    Hi Guys,

Has anyone looked into the Westfalia detachable towbars from www.australiantowbars.com.au (Euro Car Upgrades) or even the Thule / Brink detachable or retractable version from European Towbars | Slim | Stylish | OEM Quality
    Mate, I definitely recommend the Westfalia. They dont even have to cut any piece of the car to install it. When you take the gooseneck out, you cant see any evidence of a tow bar.

However, I understand that Westfalia Australia went down a few months ago and it is hard to find one. I know of one guy that has one for the R-Line, but other than that, there are no more left. If you want, I'll forward you his details. He coded it correct for me too.

Now, not everyone knows how to code the car. Make sure you use someone that does, otherwise you'll get error messages on your dash.

If you did get this Westfalia, you need an adapter which are about $50 for the genuine Westfalia one. The Westfalia has a European plug, so anything Aussie needs this adapter.

Trailer Plug Adapter 13 Pin round to 7 Pin round Tow Bar Electrics Westfalia | eBay
    Last edited by marcuskmt; 29-10-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast