Thread: Tips and tricks for a new Tig owner?

Users Country Flag

Tips and tricks for a new Tig owner?

Hey guys,

Picked up my new Tiggy on the weekend! it's a MY18 162 R-LINE with DAP

Do any current or long time owners have any cools tips, tricks or hidden settings that i should know about?

I haven't had much of chance to play around with it.

Hey there - Just did the same as you! Picked it up Saturday. Also very interested to see what everyones tips and tricks are.. I think if you have a search through the forum you'll find a few already. I'll add a question to your post if i may, does anyone know how to activate the High Beam Assist - I'm sure there must be a way..? It's in the manual, but seems it's not available in oz?
    Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Congrats on the new cars guys. High beam assist can be enabled via an OBDeleven dongle or a VCDS cable. I enabled it on my Golf and another on the weekend. If you don't want to invest in either of those there maybe someone in your area that is willing to help you out with coding your Tiggys.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    I'm waiting on delivery of our new Tiggy this week (fingers crossed!) and have my VCDS ready to go! Can't wait!

Have a look through the VCDS Tweaks thread in this forum for all the stuff you can do with OBDEleven/VCDS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Congrats on the new cars guys. High beam assist can be enabled via an OBDeleven dongle or a VCDS cable. I enabled it on my Golf and another on the weekend. If you don't want to invest in either of those there maybe someone in your area that is willing to help you out with coding your Tiggys.

Yup
    High beam assist is the ducks guts love it on my way to work early morning no more manually dipping headlights all the time ( lots of kangaroos on the way to work need to keep high beam up as much as i can)

thanks again rooboy
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Thanks Rooboy. I'll look into them!