Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiguans in Germany

Users Country Flag

Tiguans in Germany

I'm in Germany at the moment and have seen quite a few Tiguans around, mainly lower spec models, but a few equivalent highlines as well. An interesting observation - on the lower spec models with the halogen lights - the headlight enclosures are different to what we have in Australia; the main difference being two small LED DRLs, presumably where the actual bulbs are mounted (difficult to accurately see at about 170km/h on the autobahn). I've googled.to try and find some pictures, with this image from India being the only one I could find.

There's​ also a blue that they have here that is quite a bit darker than what we have and it looks really nice.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    You're right. And the two small LED DRLs make the low spec models look much better.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yep, a lot better IMO. Pity it isn't on the MY18 update list.

A real tight arse effort by VW Australia not including LEDs when all its competitors have them.
    I have the 132 version and I'm still irritable that they don't include LEDS.

If I could I purchase these Light housings right now I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    There's​ also a blue that they have here that is quite a bit darker than what we have and it looks really nice.
    It's called Atlantic Blue, and it looks way different depending on sun/light. Below pictures of my Tiguan with Offroad set.

It looks awesome in sun ... but only when clean

btw. we have three kind of headlights depending on basic model and extra options.

- basic headlights (with bulbs)
    - LED Basic - led with reflector
    - LED Top (sometimes called High) - led with lens, dynamic corner lights, Dynamic Light Assist, ...

On AU VW website I see only bulb headlights and probably LED Top

Quote Originally Posted by bestyjny View Post
    It's called Atlantic Blue, and it looks way different depending on sun/light. Below pictures of my Tiguan with Offroad set.

It looks awesome in sun ... but only when clean
    They do look nice!

Quote Originally Posted by bestyjny View Post
    btw. we have three kind of headlights depending on basic model and extra options.

- basic headlights (with bulbs)
    - LED Basic - led with reflector
    - LED Top (sometimes called High) - led with lens, dynamic corner lights, Dynamic Light Assist, ...

On AU VW website I see only bulb headlights and probably LED Top
    I haven't seen any in Germany with the basic headlights, they probably exist though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I haven't seen any in Germany with the basic headlights, they probably exist though.
    I tried to find specs in configurator on website. But can't see basic headlights for Trendline now, it has Basic LED. But on e-mail I have differences between models described by my dealer (Poland) from first weeks of EU sale open and she wrote as I mention above.

Users Country Flag

Here in NZ the Comfortline gets the budget Halogen lights and the Highline models get the basic LED lights:

Only the R-Line model here gets the full Dynamic LED Lights which is yet another reason why I didn't consider anything less than the R-Line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast