Thread: Tiguan Overhead Camera Goes Black

Blog Entries

Question Tiguan Overhead Camera Goes Black

Sometimes our birds eye view camera goes black. For example when we drive out of the garage. I need to flick it on a different mode and then back again for it t work. Anyone else have this and any ideas?
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Sometimes our birds eye view camera goes black. For example when we drive out of the garage. I need to flick it on a different mode and then back again for it t work. Anyone else have this and any ideas?
    Sounds like it’s faulty. I’ve never seen that.

Users Country Flag
    We’ve had that a few times, ours also from time to time would leave the rear camera on screen while driving forward. The dealer ended up finding a fix, it wasn’t in the normal diagnostic set (ie plugging it in etc), it was in a different list which they supposedly had to download from Germany.
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |

Blog Entries
    Can you share move Beowulf, so I can talk to the VW service foreman this week?

Users Country Flag
    I had a similar issue, occasionally when I go into reverse I just get the basic park assist system with no camera and I would have to push the button to turn it off and back on again to get the camera up. Also had it a couple of times where the whole camera/Park assist system would just show a black screen, turning it on and off didn’t work, I had to switch the whole car off and back on again.

My car when into the dealers on Friday to get an update loaded for the Tyre Pressure Monitoring system to fix a fault with that, I mentioned the issues with the camera and they have apparently loaded an update for the cameras. The camera fault was only intermittent so I don’t know yet if this has fixed the problem as haven’t used the car much since getting it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    The camera fault was only intermittent so I don’t know yet if this has fixed the problem as haven’t used the car much since getting it back.
    Same here, please report back and let us know!

Mines going back next week Wednesday for a steering control arm (see my other thread) to be fixed. I'll of course mention the camera again

Blog Entries
    Update on my Tiguans camera issue;

Situation;
    *I'm in my driveway forwards approaching the garage
    *Sensors automatically kick in when slowly enter the garage (sensors pickup the surrounding walls and other car)
    *'Camera' activates but is black all around.
    *Need to click with my finder on it manually for it to change

Blog Entries
    So in summery,

the camera screen being 'black' but sensors showing is normal when driving forwards into a tight spot.

The reversing camera going black situation seemed to have been fixed by the dealer who did a firmware flash

Users Country Flag
    I just had a problem with my tig where I lost the camera all together, would say not available.

Took to VW and they applied a software update to the module. Apparently there is a known bug which the software fixed.

Not problems since

Users Country Flag

I had the same issue as anonymousmoose and it was at VW for a whole day and they weren't aware of the issue, and couldn't reproduce it, so it came back without being fixed. I showed them a photo of the screen doing it when I went to pick it up, but obviously not much could be done at that point.