Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes

Users Country Flag

Hi everyone!

First offical post, so here goes. Went in to the local VW dealership to have a look at the new 7.5 Golf GTIs, and whilst I was there I got introduced to this MY18 model Tiguan.

Interestingly it was badged Adventure, it had LED headlights (not the dynamic ones on Highline), and had the offroad styling body kit (check the side sills). Also had ergo comfort seats, and while it had the DA pack - couldn't have a go in it to see if it had TJA or Emergency Assist. Can confirm the gloss trims though on the fog lights and so on.

Dealer guy didn't know of any of the updates mentioned, or if he did he wasn't telling me. He just said that the changes he knew of were the different infotainment, wheels, and gloss bits.

Tiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_0214-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_3475-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_5779-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_8378-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_9548-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Hi there got this txt from my mate who works for Vw dealership today.

All MY18 models have all of the new assistant systems. Confirmed with Volkswagen Australia. Models that are part 17/18 may not have these features available even if they have a button to select for adaptive lane guidance. It needs to have all the new features for traffic jam to work.

I know some of the last My17 of production had Active Lane guidance on them ,but no TJA option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Tiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes

What does part 17/18 mean? I thought they would be one or the other?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gorey View Post
    What does part 17/18 mean? I thought they would be one or the other?

It's the last of the my17 made. The cross over l think.
    Anyway my18 has the upgrades

MY18 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package Sunroof- R-Line Package - Indium Grey. Oct Delivery

Users Country Flag
    This is really interesting. Does that mean there's a new "Adventure" package? Adds roof racks, DAP, etc.
    Also the front lights - they're different to the old crappy lights on the non-highline MY17 models, and look way better.
    Wonder if the new lights are for the "Adventure" badge only or also for the Comfortline MY18 model.

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    Hi everyone!

First offical post, so here goes. Went in to the local VW dealership to have a look at the new 7.5 Golf GTIs, and whilst I was there I got introduced to this MY18 model Tiguan.

Interestingly it was badged Adventure, it had LED headlights (not the dynamic ones on Highline), and had the offroad styling body kit (check the side sills). Also had ergo comfort seats, and while it had the DA pack - couldn't have a go in it to see if it had TJA or Emergency Assist. Can confirm the gloss trims though on the fog lights and so on.

Dealer guy didn't know of any of the updates mentioned, or if he did he wasn't telling me. He just said that the changes he knew of were the different infotainment, wheels, and gloss bits.

Tiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_0214-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_3475-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_5779-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_8378-jpgTiguan MY18 Updates / Spec Changes-img_9548-jpg
    Last edited by Pzero; 16-08-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    Hi there got this txt from my mate who works for Vw dealership today.

All MY18 models have all of the new assistant systems. Confirmed with Volkswagen Australia. Models that are part 17/18 may not have these features available even if they have a button to select for adaptive lane guidance. It needs to have all the new features for traffic jam to work.

I know some of the last My17 of production had Active Lane guidance on them ,but no TJA option.

Of course they do, VWA are a bunch of clowns, suddenly the road technology improved, overnight it seems and these features are now available......
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    Of course they do, VWA are a bunch of clowns, suddenly the road technology improved, overnight it seems and these features are now available......
    Yours had the Active Lane guidance, right ? But no TJA?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes24 View Post
    Yours had the Active Lane guidance, right ? But no TJA?

unfortunately not, just lane assist
    MY17 Tiguan 162 Highline | DAP | Rline | Pano Sunroof | Pure White
    Stage 2.5 - APR DP, APR Turbo inlet, Muffler delete, IS38 Turbo, APR tune

MY18 Tiguan 162 Highline AllSpace | Sound & Vision | Sunroof | Blue Silk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTig View Post
    unfortunately not, just lane assist
    He told me yours did. Does your ping pong from one side to the other?
    Or stays in the middle?

Users Country Flag

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast