Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sound insulation in MK2 Tiguan

Users Country Flag

I have no complaints with noise in my Tiguan after nine months of ownership. What were these complainers expecting, a bloody Rolls Royce.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cameleon72 View Post
    I purchased because i liked design and practicality and because of the all great reviews bu.....it ''Car of the year'' thought buying ''Made in Germany Proven Quality'' ( now see most part inside is made in China and India but that we leave for some other time and thread I have lots of picture and internal parts documented now by doing some upgrades and retrofits). Some issues and problem you cant discover by 10-15minutes test driving ! ,while VW dealer seating next to you and talking constantly prising the car you want to buy . I have learned my lessens definitely will never again buy anymore just realised brand new model , before I test it good by borrowing it from friends or family. I would be always happy to pay any company $$$ for renting 1-2 day just realised new car model but unfortunately here in Sydney there is no such company's to offer this kind offer on New Germans cars , Hertz is only with some German and EU cars but usually it take them 1+ Year to get in sock latest car. I would be even happy to pay VW dealer if they offer to rent me for one 1-2 day new model test car, that would be great VW features but probably than again they would not able to cheat people and sell many cars as they do now

By my long testing driving all tiguan 2 models proven that all 4wd new Tiguan 2 are affected regardless 132tsi or 162tsi (higline and rline) some have more and some less but noise is there and this is issue and not acceptable for new car costing 50k - 60k , only 1.4 tsi 2wd are not 100% affected with this problem noise less and smoothness perfect! So all pointing problem is somewhere from Automatic transmission to rear deferential . Put car in eco mode (best way to test as engine has less rpm ) dont use Eco in indvidual menu but directly as Eco directly use costing function ( but Eco in individual menu not using it )which more activate and deactivate clutches ,close the windows sunroof,switch off radio fan, drive alone in quiet street nigh time after 12 when no traffic so you can isolate all external noise and concentrate to inside car noise, find street with lots of humps and roundabout where you need to constantly slow down and drive slowly up to 40km ,once you notice this noise you will always after hear it even during day time and in louder environment , if you dont notice rattle clicking noise than sorry but problem is with hearing( no offence to anyone) or you have 100 % perfect tiguan which i doubt after i tested at least 10 4wd new tiguans and all have issue noted above, some have more and some less noise
    Kind Regards

So, which of these is right?
    Last edited by Transporter; 07-12-2017 at 07:29 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Mate are you Dealer maybe or you paid by dealers, or you trying to provoke me? If you read my story completely you will not ask this questions, this is 2 different thread and different issue, I tested those cars after I purchased my car , as I have run into problems with noise rattle issue which I discovered on my brand new car , and after I gone to couple other dealers not to test drive to buy but to see if other tiguans have same issue!
    Last edited by cameleon72; 07-12-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Users Country Flag
    So, you made a mistake and bought the Tiguan without proper roadtest, if the other dealers let you test drive the Tiguan. Why didn’t you do a proper roadtest before you purchased?

It’s just strange that the car that many have no issue with, you’re trying to put down.

We have 2 older Tiguans and have absolutely no issue with and I’ve roadtested several new ones and can’t fault them.

To answer your question, I’m not a dealer or paid by the dealer. Though, I often think about the same when someone is very negative about the car that he/she is just a paid individual who tries to put the negative stories out.

Like others mentioned here, don’t compare the Tiguan to Porsche or Lamborghini.

Users Country Flag
    Actually my wife got in our 3 week old Tiguan last weekend for the first time and within 5 mins we were on the freeway doing 100kph. Her first comment, its a bit noisy isn't it? There is quite a lot of wind noise around the A pillar, compared to my old 2013 Discovery. But not a huge problem for me.
    Last edited by colinmc400; 08-12-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    162 TSI + R-Line + DAP +Pure white. Ordered March 11th 2017. I'm built email Sept 9th 2017. I'm shipped email Sept 30th 2017. VIN received from dealer Oct 5th 2017. Arrived Fremantle October 24th. Finally delivered to me - Wednesday 15th November.

Users Country Flag
    Yes it is defiantly noise even by very little wind you can feel howling wind around mirror even going as slow 30km and up , suspected most external mirrors and roof track, can someone with electric folding mirrors try to test to fold electric mirrors while driving and see if wind noise will stop or reduce ? if is same than aluminium hollow rail tracks are possible case. Wheel and tyre noise especially loud after 60km+ up but this I think can be insulated with adding extra acoustic layer, will try soon some acoustic tweak .

Users Country Flag
    I can tell you all that a prominent radio personality bought and returned a Tiguan for the annoying wind noise issue. The noise is generated by the mirrors. VW acknowledged they know about it and there isn't yet a fix for it.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mythik View Post
    I can tell you all that a prominent radio personality bought and returned a Tiguan for the annoying wind noise issue. The noise is generated by the mirrors. VW acknowledged they know about it and there isn't yet a fix for it.
    whats so different about these mirrors compared to every other car?

Users Country Flag
    Are you 100% sure buddy that is confirmed mirrors wind noise issue? VW Factory really have done bad job on acoustic on this car . Hope than VW will soon issue AU VW Tiguan recall to update and address wind noise, as this really driving me crazy . I am gone take myself care about cabin tyre noise insulation which is also unusual high for this class car , I already try 2x different model tyre on this car , Scorpion Verde is nice soft ride (not good if you prefer sporty feel ) but noisy for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by mythik View Post

Users Country Flag

Are you 100% sure buddy that is confirmed mirrors wind noise issue? VW Factory really have done bad job on acoustic on this car . Hope than VW will soon issue AU VW Tiguan recall to update and address wind noise, as this really driving me crazy . I am gone take myself care about cabin tyre noise insulation which is also unusual high for this class car , I already try 2x different model tyre on this car , Scorpion Verde is nice soft ride (not good if you prefer sporty feel ) but noisy for my taste.
    I am 100% it's an issue on all of them as I have personally sat in 3 cars that all have it. It's annoying and made me buy a Passat instead. A local dealership refunded a customer because of it as they road tested them too and they all do it. VW know about it but no fix seems forthcoming. This was over a year ago now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast