Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof rack & lip sill protector options

Blog Entries

Roof rack & lip sill protector options

Looking for a roof rack for our Tiguan. Decided not to go with the VW genuine accessory. Want it to hold about 100kg, same as the VW one.

Anyone got any sources/options? May want to add a bike carrier in future, yet that's still undecided.

Also looking for a lip sill protector plate. $244 for OEM seems a bit steep. Anyone got any online ones that fit the Tiguan nicely?
    VW Tiguan 2018 162TSI Highline
    VW Polo 2015 81TSI Comfortline

Gday,

Watching for others opinions on roof racks ad i am looking for the same.

The boot sill protector i bought one last week (delivery next tues courier). Bought from ebay westpoint_autoparts (in brisbane) or similar. Genuine for $157 delivered. Thats the brushed aluminium genuine (oem).

Ebay have 10% off quite often, which stacked with their 20% off when spending >$150. Very happy and would suggest you do the same

Users Country Flag
    Supercheap Auto often have 25% off specials on things like the Pro-Rack, although I think only the heavy duty ones do 100kg.

Apart from that, Roof Rack Store has good information on roof racks, and very good pricing on roof mounted bike racks.
    2012 TDi DSG Tiguan
    2011 TDi DSG Octavia Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by anonymousmoose View Post
    Looking for a roof rack for our Tiguan. Decided not to go with the VW genuine accessory. Want it to hold about 100kg, same as the VW one.

Anyone got any sources/options? May want to add a bike carrier in future, yet that's still undecided.

Also looking for a lip sill protector plate. $244 for OEM seems a bit steep. Anyone got any online ones that fit the Tiguan nicely?
    I have a pro-rack one that sits on the rails, can’t really fault it... ours is a little ugly coz we brought the trade bars for carrying paddle boards (has rubber cushioning) the normal bar would look ok... and repco will have them on for half price usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete8oes View Post
    The boot sill protector i bought one last week (delivery next tues courier). Bought from ebay westpoint_autoparts (in brisbane) or similar. Genuine for $157 delivered. Thats the brushed aluminium genuine (oem).
    Is it easy to install?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by braddersnz View Post
    I have a pro-rack one that sits on the rails,
    Do you have a link to it please?

Is it easy to install?
    It comes with double sided 3m tape, should be literally a 1min job (including cleaning). Just sticks onto bumper.

If anyone is keen on this, ebay has 10% off sitewide today between midday amd midnight
    As i mentioned, stack the promo code with their 20% off (applied automatically) and you will get $157 delivered for oem boot sill protector

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete8oes View Post
    If anyone is keen on this, ebay has 10% off sitewide today between midday amd midnight
    As i mentioned, stack the promo code with their 20% off (applied automatically) and you will get $157 delivered for oem boot sill protector

Enjoy!

Found it. Do you have the code you mentioned earlier?

Do you have a link to it please?
    Our Range Of Heavy Duty Roof Racks & Accessories - Prorack

Not something I leave on all the time but easy to get on off too... have had 100kg plus up there... repco Upto super cheap usually have them on sale for under $200.

Also have the cargo carrier which just screws onto the bars picked that up on special too... perfect for camping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found it. Do you have the code you mentioned earlier?
    No problems, the 20% off was added automatically when i hit 'buy now' though before the 'confirm' page. The ebay shop was westpoint_parts. Just did it again to be sure

After midday use the ebay code 'PRONTO10' which will give you another 10% off (essentially removing the postage value)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast