Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reverse tail lights

Users Country Flag

Reverse tail lights

Just purchased a new 132tsi comfortline. I noticed that when I put it in reverse there is only one reverse light illuminated. Not sure if the other bulb is busted or whether there is simply 1 reverse light. I had read on a European forum that this is the case but wanted to double check.

Users Country Flag
    Standard on many European cars. The other light (which is basically useless in Aust) is a fog light.

Users Country Flag
    There will be only one reverse light.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag
    Can you use a VCDS to program the rear fog light to come on when you engage reverse gear?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    Can you use a VCDS to program the rear fog light to come on when you engage reverse gear?
    I don't think so but feel free to try. I ended up buying another genuine taillight for the US market from o'seas with a second reverse light and hooking it up in my Golf.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post

Delewin: My apology to Lucus_R, but yes- it's indeed possible to make the rear fog light operate as a reverse light.

There's many ways to do this with Leuchte programming, but perhaps the easiest is as follows:
    1. Select 09 - Central Electr control module
    2. Select Security Access - 16 from the "Open Controller" screen
    3. Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen
    4. Select Adaptation - 10 from the the "Open Controller" screen
    5. Enter LA72 into the search box and from the pull-down arrow, select ENG116962-ENG116370-Leuchte26NSL LA72-Lichtfunktion B 26
    6. The default value of this channel should be not active - only if this is so, change the setting to Rückfahrlicht
    7. Click the Doit! button to accept the change

This process automatically applies the same illumination level to the reverse light that is factory set for the fog light function (which will be 127 since the new Tiggy has LED tails)

Don

PS: I don't own the new Tiggy (I have a Golf mk7), but I have found that it's also useful to turn-on the 3rd Brake light when reversing. It's unfortunately a red color, but the higher position of the LED strip seems to provide a good general illumination when going backwards!

If you also want to apply this function to the 3rd Brake light - see my instruction HERE. Note: use the instructions for the last column of the table, but don't apply the changes in column 1, or 2 to the Tiggy (the 3rd Brake light on the Golf mk7 is factory programmed differently to your beast)
    Last edited by DV52; 25-05-2017 at 04:57 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Many thanks DV52. I'm still snowed over with work so my to do list is growing.

Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

There are 2 functioning reverse lights on the 162Tsi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Yes. I can confirm there are 2 functioning reverse lights on my 162 TSI.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Delewin: My apology to Lucus_R, but yes- it's indeed possible to make the rear fog light operate as a reverse light.

If you also want to apply this function to the 3rd Brake light - see my instruction HERE. Note: use the instructions for the last column of the table, but don't apply the changes in column 1, or 2 to the Tiggy (the 3rd Brake light on the Golf mk7 is factory programmed differently to your beast)
    Hi Don, just wondering ... so the 3rd rear light is on a lower setting with the reversing lights on and then increases to the normal brightness when the brakes are activated?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast