Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Resonator delete for 162 TSI R-line?

Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Any update on the video? How is the exhaust note inside/outside 4 months later?
    Yeah. Also keen to see and hear Resonator delete for 162 TSI R-line?

Tiguan 162tsi Rline fully loaded - NSW

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys sorry to hijack but didn’t want to start another thread on the similar thing 🤭

I’m looking at getting the centre resonator removed on my brand new Golf Mk7.5 1.4 R-Line.

I will do before and after videos and pictures but I’m wondering how the dealers will react to warrenty side of things when it goes in for a service?

Currently the car is sitting in 500km and only a week old, should I wait longer to get it done or just doit?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock&Awe View Post
    Got my friend to drive the Tig up and down the street while I stood outside to listen to the exhaust. There's definitely a nice 'crack' from the DSG as he upshifts.
    The exhaust sounded quite good from the outside, a nice burble on idle and a throaty note when accelerating. On the inside - you cannot hear anything. These Germans definitely know how to sound insulate their cars.

the 1000k's run-in period is starting to get closer and I can't wait to install an ECU stage 1 flash. The Tig standard is quite a zippy car (according to my friends), but to me it's just so sloooooow. Obviously coming from a stage 2 Golf R, you can understand why. I Might go with Unitronic. I am sure after the flash - the Tig's exhaust will even be louder and she'll have the performance to match her looks.

Anyone think that the Tig needs lowered springs and wheel spacers? Found a site in Germany selling Eibach springs for the Tig, but I am not sure if they'll fit. These springs lowers the car 30mm.
    Sportfahrwerke in riesiger Auswahl - Fahrwerke24.de

Part no:E10-85-043-05-22
    Did you ever get that Unitronic flash?

Coming soon: MY19.5 Tiguan 162 R-Line + S&V White
    Now: 2017 MK7 GTI|Reflex Silver|Manual|Poverty Pack
    Gone: 2010 Golf VI GTI|Carbon Steel|DSG|MDI|Leather|18" Detroits|APR Stage 1

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewEsno View Post
    Hey guys sorry to hijack but didn’t want to start another thread on the similar thing 來

I’m looking at getting the centre resonator removed on my brand new Golf Mk7.5 1.4 R-Line.

I will do before and after videos and pictures but I’m wondering how the dealers will react to warrenty side of things when it goes in for a service?

Currently the car is sitting in 500km and only a week old, should I wait longer to get it done or just doit?

Pretty sure they they will just not warranty the exhaust system, everything else should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock&Awe View Post
    Who in their right of mind takes their SUV off-road?!
    Me.......

Any video happen? Curious to see anyone with a Exhaust and Tuned 162tsi

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daviboy View Post
    Any video happen? Curious to see anyone with a Exhaust and Tuned 162tsi

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Me too
    ABT Mk2 Tiguan - Fully Loaded

Quote Originally Posted by ABT 162TSI MK2 Tiguan View Post
    Me too
    +1

Just picked up our MY18 and really enjoying it, but it needs a soundtrack!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

For those who are considering this, I'm having it done right now. Will update this post with my findings soon.

I think the car is too noisy internally now (engine noise) so I will pass on making it any noisier. It disappoints me they did not put more effort into reducing the engine noise when the motor is working a bit hard.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast