Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Resonator delete for 162 TSI R-line?

Users Country Flag

I was referring to a more "one off" high boost installation.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    I had an equivalent installation in my 1974 1.6 Litre Toyota Celica. I ran 1.5 Bar above atmospheric using a twin scroll Garrett TO4B turbo fed by a 2" SU with a 1/2 inch ID fuel line, outputting to a 3" down pipe eventually reducing to a straight through 2.5" exhaust.

I had to put 1/2 inch thick asbestos sheeting down the fire wall and all the way under the front passenger seat to reduce the heat cooking the passenger's feet.

On a car that cost me $3,573 brand new on road, I spent over $5,000 modifying the motor alone. (During this period, I was heavily involved in car club motor racing. I raced this car in the open category.)

With the racing cam it had nothing below 3,500 rpm then all hell broke loose right up to 8,000 rpm.

I transmitted the power through a Borg & Beck 8.5" solid centre twin plate clutch.

Brakes were 4 piston calipers off a formula 5000 racing car.

I might add the motor lasted 20,000 km before it needed to be completely stripped down. When we looked at the top compression ring gland it had stretched to double the height.

Along with 100 octane fuel, I ran a separate alcohol injection set up into the inlet manifold.

As you might have gathered by now, good fuel economy was not a criteria. But "puttering" around Melbourne I achieved a maximum of ~20 miles per gallon. On the race track it dropped to ~3 miles per gallon.

(Oh well. Those were the "good old" days. )
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Kudos for pioneering Resonator Delete mod and good to hear you have experienced no drone.

I did the same with my Octavia RS, same engine although the exhaust piping and resonator is vastly different. There was a resonance on the Octavia at 2.5k rpm whenever the engine is being lugged. Not loud or boomy, sounded more like a buzzing noise instead. I added straight through resonator and it 95% fixed the issue. There is DSG pop with the mod for our car .
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI - SOLD
    2014 Race Blue Octavia RS 162TSI Combi

Check out my leather work ----> http://pedsnro.blogspot.com/

Users Country Flag
    Saw this video from APR in Germany. Investigating as to wether the downpipe product comes with the additional resonator delete pipe as shown in the video.

https://www.facebook.com/91037479901...4466984603166/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TIGR
    2017 162TSI R-Line Tiguan -
    Tungsten Silver | DAP | APR Stage 1 Build thread: https://goo.gl/YNgixR
    2015 155TSI R-Line Tiguan
    -
    Build thread: https://goo.gl/sEqISR

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Got my friend to drive the Tig up and down the street while I stood outside to listen to the exhaust. There's definitely a nice 'crack' from the DSG as he upshifts.
    The exhaust sounded quite good from the outside, a nice burble on idle and a throaty note when accelerating. On the inside - you cannot hear anything. These Germans definitely know how to sound insulate their cars.

the 1000k's run-in period is starting to get closer and I can't wait to install an ECU stage 1 flash. The Tig standard is quite a zippy car (according to my friends), but to me it's just so sloooooow. Obviously coming from a stage 2 Golf R, you can understand why. I Might go with Unitronic. I am sure after the flash - the Tig's exhaust will even be louder and she'll have the performance to match her looks.

Anyone think that the Tig needs lowered springs and wheel spacers? Found a site in Germany selling Eibach springs for the Tig, but I am not sure if they'll fit. These springs lowers the car 30mm.
    Sportfahrwerke in riesiger Auswahl - Fahrwerke24.de

Part no:E10-85-043-05-22

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock&Awe View Post
    Got my friend to drive the Tig up and down the street while I stood outside to listen to the exhaust. There's definitely a nice 'crack' from the DSG as he upshifts.
    The exhaust sounded quite good from the outside, a nice burble on idle and a throaty note when accelerating. On the inside - you cannot hear anything. These Germans definitely know how to sound insulate their cars.

the 1000k's run-in period is starting to get closer and I can't wait to install an ECU stage 1 flash. The Tig standard is quite a zippy car (according to my friends), but to me it's just so sloooooow. Obviously coming from a stage 2 Golf R, you can understand why. I Might go with Unitronic. I am sure after the flash - the Tig's exhaust will even be louder and she'll have the performance to match her looks.

Anyone think that the Tig needs lowered springs and wheel spacers? Found a site in Germany selling Eibach springs for the Tig, but I am not sure if they'll fit. These springs lowers the car 30mm.
    Sportfahrwerke in riesiger Auswahl - Fahrwerke24.de

Part no:E10-85-043-05-22
    Could you do a video? I'm really keen to hear it.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Resonator delete for 162 TSI R-line?

Would love to see a video as well mate.

Tiguan 162tsi rline (May 2017) - NSW, Northern Beaches
    Last edited by Chocolate_Bear; 18-03-2017 at 03:32 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate_Bear View Post
    Would love to see a video as well mate.

Someone said popcorn? ....

VW Tiguan R-line 162kw, Tungsten Silver Metallic, Titanium Black-Crystal Gray.
    ACC, DCC, AID, HUD, DAP, ALS, LED, DSG, TSI, LOL

Quote Originally Posted by TungstenR View Post
    Someone said popcorn? ....
    Hahhha. Got me!! . Nice one. Touché mate touché

Quote Originally Posted by Shock&Awe View Post
    Any update on the video? How is the exhaust note inside/outside 4 months later?
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast