Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Performance Comparison: 1st Gen vs 2nd Gen Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Ok so the dealership I use which is Cricks Highway Volkswagen Springwood QLD gave me a test drive of their Tiguan 162 TSI Rline, this will be my first "automatic" car in over 10 years. I currently have the Tiguan 132TSI Pacific w/ APR Stage 1. My Current 132TSI Pacific also has Adaptive Chassis Control.

Initial thoughts: Kinda disappointing compared to what I have. My car is faster and I feel handles better. Comparatively the new Tiguan makes a lot of noise but very little actually happens. I've already ordered this car, performance wise I dont see myself being happy.
    Not being a smart arse but wouldn't you expect your Stg1 to be faster than an unmoded new Tiguan? When you eventually modify the the new car would it live up to expectations? I don't know anything about this process, just asking in a purely inquisitive manner!
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Regdop View Post
    Not being a smart arse but wouldn't you expect your Stg1 to be faster than an unmoded new Tiguan? When you eventually modify the the new car would it live up to expectations? I don't know anything about this process, just asking in a purely inquisitive manner!
    I would expect the older model Stage 1 to be faster also, I believe the APR Stage 1 takes the original Tiguan TSI up to 189kw with 402mn Torque will the new Tiguan is only 162kw with 350nm.

Now if you Stage 1 the new Tiguan that would be a different story. Performance Comparison: 1st Gen vs 2nd Gen Tiguan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

+1

Gen 1 Stock < Gen 2 Stock < Gen1 Stage 1 < Gen 2 Stage 1

You'll also find that the APR stage 1 tune is fairly aggressive in terms of boost at lower end so it comes on strong and then tails off after 5,000rpm. You'll get a real punch when you mash the throttle with the APR tune - it's a characteristic of the tuner and how they write their files.

Compare that to the stock tune which will be more linear and pull through to redline. It won't feel as aggressive as the APR tune - will be quite smooth in the power delivery but if the numbers are anything to go by it's still got a fair bit of "go".

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I'm considering getting a chip from Diesel Chip Tuning, takes it from 162Kw to 199Kw & 350Nm to 420Nm

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TIG162R View Post
    I'm considering getting a chip from Diesel Chip Tuning, takes it from 162Kw to 199Kw & 350Nm to 420Nm
    Would you please give more info and/or a link please.... would love to learn more about this option...Cheers
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Regdop View Post
    Would you please give more info and/or a link please.... would love to learn more about this option...Cheers
    This is the link...Not sure if anyone has any experience with this particular chip or has any recommendations either...
    CRTD4 Multi-Channel Petrol Tuning Box Chip (New Release) | Diesel Chip Tuning Multi-Channel Petrol Tuning Box Chip
    Last edited by TIG162R; 08-01-2017 at 06:32 PM.

A lot of people have been getting these: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/foru...=jb1+group+buy

I can't comment on them personally, however do your research before purchasing.

The tuning boxes will generally give about 50% of the increase of a "proper" flash tune, however are less detectable if you're concerned about warranty. Also if you're considering adding supporting hardware (downpipe, intake, intercooler, turbo, etc) then you'll need a flash tune to make the benefit from the hardware.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Well you actually all make very valid points. I guess I am being pretty unreasonable with my expectations of the stock car. Any idea if and when APR makes a tune for the Gen 2 Tiguan and on average how long they take after the new car is released?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12