Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Overall Pros and Cons

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

I've added the last few points made. Keep them coming!

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvo1 View Post
    add to that list 3 year warranty while other manufacturers are offering 5, 7 and even 8 with the Peugeots
    yes but you are buying a Peugeot. I'd take the three years.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac135 View Post
    yes but you are buying a Peugeot. I'd take the three years.
    Surprisingly the Peugeot 4008 is Japanese built and shares the same interior and engine as the Mitsubishi ASX.

Yes I'll take the 3 years as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Users Country Flag
    Overall Pros and Cons Overall Pros and Cons

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Must add 1 more con.

The space saver tyre. They are really s%%%%. All SUVs should have a full size spare.

Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    Must add 1 more con.

The space saver tyre. They are really s%%%%. All SUVs should have a full size spare.

Some of these pros and cons are really a matter of perspective......to take a couple from my perspective

space saver tyre - my car will never see dirt she will always be a city Tig so space saver is not a con to me
    towing- my Tig will never tow anything. If you need to move stuff god invented trucks and man created Hertz/Avis etc. Towing capability is not a con for me but I have the pro of keeping the nice rear valance/diffuser intact

Not sure that the long delivery times are a con so far as the car goes either. Annoying perhaps, but secretly I think many of us get some twisted pleasure from the wait and the speculation, research, tracking, what's my build date, which boat is it on, did I get the right options/colour, will it go/sound the way I want it to that has filled pages and pages of posts on this forum. The long lead times and the consequent time spent here may have actually kept a few of us out of mischief elsewhere.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Users Country Flag
    Mac135. I agree with you re delay in receiving the car.

I will not be towing but I believe VW's advertising is misleading because it tells us the Tiguan can tow up to 2.5 ton but then puts a 100 kg limit on the tow ball and does not allow a weight distributing hitch installed. Dead weight on the ball will give you 1 ton not 2.5 ton. That is misleading advertising and the ACCC could go them for it.

The Pros and Cons won't necessary apply to everyone. I'm not even installing a tow bar on mine, but obviously the tow ball limit is a limitation. I'm keeping the list as objective as possible, and pointing out where things may be subjective (for example, visual appeal).

I've added the space saver as a con, but for some it might be a positive so I've pointed that out.

2017 Audi S3

I should also note that what makes the list are only pros/cons that have been discussed by a number of people, and whether it is a pro or a con is based on the majority opinion.

2017 Audi S3

Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    Mac135. I agree with you re delay in receiving the car.

I will not be towing but I believe VW's advertising is misleading because it tells us the Tiguan can tow up to 2.5 ton but then puts a 100 kg limit on the tow ball and does not allow a weight distributing hitch installed. Dead weight on the ball will give you 1 ton not 2.5 ton. That is misleading advertising and the ACCC could go them for it.

So balance the load so the vertical weight does not exceed 100kg. Truck drivers do it all the time to prevent the front axle load exceeding the specified allowed load being exceeded.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast