Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Tiguan with wind noise drivers window - any others?

New Tiguan with wind noise drivers window - any others?

Hi all, I recently purchased a new Tiguan and since purchase we have had problems with excessive wind noise coming into the cabin around the drivers window frame.

It has been back to the dealer twice and they have replaced seals and re-aligned the door but it has not made any difference. The car is very noisy above 80 km/h and if it's a windy day, the noise is very very loud. The dealer has now advised that there is no problem with the car and that this noise is in the same in all Tiguan's. Today they asked us to drive another Tiguan to demonstrate how that car has the same noise. We have outlined all of our concerns in writing and have contacted VW Australia who are now looking into it. Has anyone else experienced this please? We have told the dealer repeatedly that we would have never purchased this car if we had known about this issue and that it was not present in the demo we drove but they are insisting it is normal despite trying to fix it. Why they would try and fix it if they don't think there is an issue I don't know.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The car has now been sitting at the dealer for a week now and I have no idea when this is going to be resolved.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiguan2017 View Post
    Hi all, I recently purchased a new Tiguan and since purchase we have had problems with excessive wind noise coming into the cabin around the drivers window frame.

It has been back to the dealer twice and they have replaced seals and re-aligned the door but it has not made any difference. The car is very noisy above 80 km/h and if it's a windy day, the noise is very very loud. The dealer has now advised that there is no problem with the car and that this noise is in the same in all Tiguan's. Today they asked us to drive another Tiguan to demonstrate how that car has the same noise. We have outlined all of our concerns in writing and have contacted VW Australia who are now looking into it. Has anyone else experienced this please? We have told the dealer repeatedly that we would have never purchased this car if we had known about this issue and that it was not present in the demo we drove but they are insisting it is normal despite trying to fix it. Why they would try and fix it if they don't think there is an issue I don't know.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The car has now been sitting at the dealer for a week now and I have no idea when this is going to be resolved.
    My Tiguan doesn't have any wind noise. Where does it sound like it's coming from? Is it the mirror area or higher up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paul RLine View Post
    My Tiguan doesn't have any wind noise. Where does it sound like it's coming from? Is it the mirror area or higher up?

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. It is higher up on the door/window frame in line with the driver's head, eg close to my ears

Users Country Flag
    Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. It is higher up on the door/window frame in line with the driver's head, eg close to my ears
    Maybe put some masking tape over the area of the window and rubber seal. Sucks you have to diagnose it for them though.

Thanks Paul. They agreed today that they can hear the problem but say that it is normal for a Tiguan.

Thanks Paul. They agreed today that they can hear the problem but say that it is normal for a Tiguan.
    That's strange, i don't have that issue. Is it when you have the window open or closed? all the time?

I only have the annoying flapping noise when i have the two back windows opened (as i don't like the wind in my face)

Quote Originally Posted by numnut View Post
    That's strange, i don't have that issue. Is it when you have the window open or closed? all the time?

I only have the annoying flapping noise when i have the two back windows opened (as i don't like the wind in my face)
    It is only when the window is closed. It is probably best described as the noise you hear when the window is not totally closed but very close. So I am constantly thinking I haven't put the window all the way up and go to close it and it is already up. Many thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Maybe your window doesn't go all the way up and leaves a couple of mm gap? This is definitely not a common issue. Don't let them palm you off like that.

I agree that the car should not be noisy. Our Highline is very well sealed , with virtually no wind noise. When it is very windy outside we sometimes get a little, which is common to any vehicle. Hard to understand why yours should have wind noise.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by REGS12 View Post
    I agree that the car should not be noisy. Our Highline is very well sealed , with virtually no wind noise. When it is very windy outside we sometimes get a little, which is common to any vehicle. Hard to understand why yours should have wind noise.
    I think I saw in the manual that you sometimes need to reset the stops for auto close after battery power loss. Perhaps the factory or dealer didn’t set them correctly and the window is closing a little short?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast