Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Tiguan with wind noise drivers window - any others?

There was a similar issue with Mk6 Golfs. Fix was fitting a piece of tubing under the door seal. But yes very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I have experienced the same issue on a recent test drive of a 132tsi comfortline. As OP said its almost like the window hasn't closed all the way, no matter how many times I rolled the window down and closed it again there was a constant wind noise/high pitch whistle. Pulled over to try and push the window up with my hands to see if that helped. Made no difference. The noise was coming from up high close to my ear. Wasn't a windy day either. This was the reason I didn't buy. Dealer pretended like they couldn't hear it so i knew i would have issues with them fixing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seoska View Post
    I have experienced the same issue on a recent test drive of a 132tsi comfortline. As OP said its almost like the window hasn't closed all the way, no matter how many times I rolled the window down and closed it again there was a constant wind noise/high pitch whistle. Pulled over to try and push the window up with my hands to see if that helped. Made no difference. The noise was coming from up high close to my ear. Wasn't a windy day either. This was the reason I didn't buy. Dealer pretended like they couldn't hear it so i knew i would have issues with them fixing it.
    Thank you so much for your replies everyone. VW Australia finally got back to me today and wow, I spoke to the rudest and most aggressive person ever who just said, there is nothing wrong with your car at all, this is how they are and we will not be doing anything further. I don't think I've ever had such terrible experience from ANY company. That was the first contact after four emails to them and that is their response.

I don't know what to do from here. I wish I could go back three months and never buy this car.

Users Country Flag
    Where too...
    If it were me, and the noise was genuinely different, I’d record the sound in decibels and then ‘test drive’ a dealer one and record that one.
    Have someone sit behind you with this...
    Decibel 10: Audio Sound Level (SPL) in dB, dBA by SkyPaw Co. Ltd
    Decibel 10: Audio Sound Level (SPL) in dB, dBA on the App Store

Record both cars in the exact same location, and you either have evidence of a difference or you don’t.
    If there is a difference give the general manager of the dealership first option to see/hear the dB difference.
    MY18 GOLF 110TSI I HIGHLINE I Indium I Panoramic Sunroof I DAP I IP
    MY18 TIGUAN 162TSI I R-LINE I Ruby I DAP I IP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiguan2017 View Post
    I don't know what to do from here.
    I'd say don't waste anymore time with VW Australia. Have a read this and contact your local consumer protection agency (on page 23).

https://www.accc.gov.au/system/files...umer%20Law.pdf

Then let VW Australia Facebook page know what happened and that you opened up a case with the Fair Trading.

(If I were you I would get the car replaced. They can't just get away with a repair after what they put you through. Tell the Fair Trading Agent that you want an exchange and he/she will convey this message to VW Australia)
    Last edited by sharp; 22-09-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    2017 Tiguan Highline 162TSI DAP, Sunroof, Black
    2018 Golf Comfortline 110TSI DAP, Infotainment, Silver

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    There was a similar issue with Mk6 Golfs. Fix was fitting a piece of tubing under the door seal. But yes very annoying.

Tigger, are you able to elaborate on this a little further?

I have this problem too and am super keen to fix.

Just do a google search for Mk6 Golf wind noise fix. Plenty of info out there.

Get some 1/4" tubing and place it behind the seal:

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Brilliant, thanks!!

This exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. the one i test drove was fine and the one they gave me as a loaner until mine came up from houston didn't make wind noise. Then the same day i get in my car, i tell them something is wrong. they tested all the seals and didnt find anything wrong. Have you found any solutions? It makes me so mental!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul RLine View Post
    My Tiguan doesn't have any wind noise. Where does it sound like it's coming from? Is it the mirror area or higher up?

This exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. the one i test drove was fine and the one they gave me as a loaner until mine came up from houston didn't make wind noise. Then the same day i get in my car, i tell them something is wrong. they tested all the seals and didnt find anything wrong. Have you found any solutions? It makes me so mental!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast