Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast

Thread: MY17/MQB Platform Tiguan Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    This is what happens when you buy an early production build of a new model. There's inevitably something that slips through that needs to be fixed/recalled.

Plusses and minuses of being an early adopter (beta tester).
    Agree - Glad that VW is making the effort to resolve issues and improve the product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by wiredless View Post
    Agree - Glad that VW is making the effort to resolve issues and improve the product.
    It doesn't only happen with VW - just about every car manufacturer has teething issues with new models. Some of the issues only become apparent when the car goes into full production and may not even exist in pre-production models.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    How many 17' Tig owners are using baby seats in their cars? Especially seats for new born babies (rear facing).

Expecting my first child in March and was looking at a CX-9 but might have gone a bit too far with respect to size and price (never!). I just don't want to put the baby seat in the back and find I have to move the front passenger seat right forward to make space. In the CX-9 it won't be a problem in the slightest, but then a massive 7 seat SUV like that is kind of Overkill for a family of 3...
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mattaus View Post
    I just don't want to put the baby seat in the back and find I have to move the front passenger seat right forward to make space.
    I currently drive a Mark VI Golf with a rear facing baby seat and the front passenger seat is quite far forward to make it fit (NOT comfortable for a bloke). Even though the new Tig is based off the MQB platform shared with the Mark VII Golf the rear passenger seat has more room so I expect the issue will be noticeably reduced. However I suspect that the trade-off will be having the rear seats all the way back and not being able to move them.

Users Country Flag
    How many 17' Tig owners are using baby seats in their cars? Especially seats for new born babies (rear facing).

Expecting my first child in March and was looking at a CX-9 but might have gone a bit too far with respect to size and price (never!). I just don't want to put the baby seat in the back and find I have to move the front passenger seat right forward to make space. In the CX-9 it won't be a problem in the slightest, but then a massive 7 seat SUV like that is kind of Overkill for a family of 3...
    I've got rear and front facing child seats, one of each in a golf VI GTD and in the Octavia vRS, different seats in both and the rear facing both are fine. I'm 183cm and while I can sit in the passenger seat I dont like sitting in it for more then 30-40 minutes, Wife fits fine.

I've put the bigger rear facing seat in the Tiguan and it's got heaps of room in the passenger seat, million of times better then the cx5 which I couldn't even sit in the seat.

I've found a lot depends on the child seat and also how reclined the front seat is.
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm tempted to take the car seat to the dealer with me to try it out but your comments seem to indicate it won't be too much of a problem.

Good comment regarding the CX-5 Beowulf because that was one of the other cars we were looking at however I dismissed it because it actually felt small and is about to be replaced by a new model (but not before we need the new car).
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

I'm a bit fan of testing out all your accessories to make sure they're going to fit the new car - prams, baby capsules, booster seats, etc. Stick them all in and see how much room there actually is rather than take the salesman's word for it. That's why they have demos

If you're not 100% comfortable doing it at the dealership, take the car for a test drive and test-fit your baby paraphernalia.

We managed to survive with 2 x baby/booster seats in a gen1 Tig and pretty sure the gen2 Tig is more generous in the rear seat dept.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I'm a bit fan of testing out all your accessories to make sure they're going to fit the new car - prams, baby capsules, booster seats, etc. Stick them all in and see how much room there actually is rather than take the salesman's word for it. That's why they have demos

If you're not 100% comfortable doing it at the dealership, take the car for a test drive and test-fit your baby paraphernalia.

We managed to survive with 2 x baby/booster seats in a gen1 Tig and pretty sure the gen2 Tig is more generous in the rear seat dept.
    Haha yeah I feel a bit weird dragging stuff like that into a dealership. We live 10mins from the nearest dealer though so it would be easy to head home, do a test fit and drive then head back. Good thinking!

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm tempted to take the car seat to the dealer with me to try it out but your comments seem to indicate it won't be too much of a problem.

Good comment regarding the CX-5 Beowulf because that was one of the other cars we were looking at however I dismissed it because it actually felt small and is about to be replaced by a new model (but not before we need the new car).
    No worries. As Tigger73 noted though, still take your seat unto the dealer and test it. Each person and car seat is different, we have two different safe'n'sound models and they may be different to yours.

We had no issues with these seats in the old tig model either, we chose not to buy it because the boot sucked and the pram which fit in my golf gtd did t fit in the tig boot. No longer tphave these issues as the new tig has more room both cabin and boot.
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |

Users Country Flag

i'm a bit fan of testing out all your accessories to make sure they're going to fit the new car - prams, baby capsules, booster seats, etc. Stick them all in and see how much room there actually is rather than take the salesman's word for it. That's why they have demos

if you're not 100% comfortable doing it at the dealership, take the car for a test drive and test-fit your baby paraphernalia.

We managed to survive with 2 x baby/booster seats in a gen1 tig and pretty sure the gen2 tig is more generous in the rear seat dept.
    you"re that guy!!
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Page 94 of 96 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 LastLast